Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 13, 2006, 11:40am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks
Boo!

Hey, some of you perspire.....I'm in the sweat catagory so my stuff tends to be wet when I come off the court.

If you are like Jurrassic and me, we will from time to time.....have a brown pop with our partners reflecting on the love and adoration we received from the fans that night....so sometimes, it may be a few hours before I can get said wet clothes to the washing machine. And if I do, thats midnight so it sits in there after the cycle another 6-8 hours adding another level of opportunity to sit there all wet.

And I think therein lies the problem.

So, this isnt so much about buying new stuff every couple weeks.

I am friends with a bunch of refs and I KNOW yall dont go out buying new stuff every month!
Just don't spill too much-o-dat on the uni.
Old Wed Sep 13, 2006, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap
Just don't spill too much-o-dat on the uni.

Well then there's that! Actually, it works great at sports bars - they think we are wait staff so we just fill our own mugs!
Old Wed Sep 13, 2006, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

When the fans yell, "Hey, Ref, you stink!", you can smile and say, "As a matter of fact, I do!"
Old Wed Sep 13, 2006, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Borax has always worked for me, so I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe do more? Put it on soak for a couple hours?

My teenager has the funk problem and I just try to be sure to get to it right away, and then use borax. For his socks, though, I will put in detergent, borax and then leave it on soak/rinse cycle for two hours. That seems to do the trick.

What about carrying a bottle of Spray N Wash with you in your bag, and spraying your shirt as soon as you take it off? For pre-wash, I prefer Shout brand. Maybe try both brands?
Old Wed Sep 13, 2006, 07:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I am friends with a bunch of refs and I KNOW yall dont go out buying new stuff every month!
You have friends? When did this happen?

No, I don't buy new stuff very often. But I honestly don't have this problem. Regular was and dry and back in the back they go.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Sep 14, 2006, 07:36am
Official Forum Member

Before going on the court try some Axe or Tag. Seems to keep the odor away. You may even get some female fans come out of the stands and start feeling you up!
Old Thu Sep 14, 2006, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Actually....since the OC had their shirts on for $10 each I stocked up. At that price they're practically disposable!
Old Thu Sep 14, 2006, 05:55pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Borax has always worked for me, so I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe do more? Put it on soak for a couple hours?

My teenager has the funk problem and I just try to be sure to get to it right away, and then use borax. For his socks, though, I will put in detergent, borax and then leave it on soak/rinse cycle for two hours. That seems to do the trick.

What about carrying a bottle of Spray N Wash with you in your bag, and spraying your shirt as soon as you take it off? For pre-wash, I prefer Shout brand. Maybe try both brands?
VOICEOVER: "We have sprayed the left half of Larks' stinky referee jersey with Spray-n-Wash and the right side with Shout. Let's see how they compare...."
Old Thu Sep 14, 2006, 09:40pm
Official & Member

I find that the synthetic material used for all referee gear, mixed with sweat,tend to smell worse than any natural fabric. I have never had a problem with body odor, during athletic activity, until I started officiating. My wife pointed out that it's only when I wear poly/rayon/spandex blends.

Unfortunately, I can't imagine how cotton would stand up to the frequency that our gear needs to be laundered. It's a smelly problem, but I don't think it's going to go away.
Old Fri Sep 15, 2006, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

There's actually a good chance the clothes that stink when supposedly cleaned aren't being RINSED properly. Soap is designed to attract dirt and it does a darn good job at that. Of course, that includes soap left in clothes that haven't been rinsed properly. The dirt and other material it attracts isn't what you want when you are wearing things.

If your washer has a double rinse cycle, use it. If it doesn't, I'd get one that does.
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 03:38pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Quote:
yall

Could someone please translate this word into English for me? I am totally unfamiliar with it. Thanks.
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
So.....who's got the funk?

All kidding aside, anyone out there having the problem where their unis have a funk after about 2 or 3 trips up and down the floor? I mean you are just warming up and all the sidden you can smell your shirt. Youve ran them thru the laundry so they are clean but there is something chemically going on that doesnt get that sweat smell completely out.

I've tried changing detergents etc to no avail. Someone suggested Iron Out but I havent had the chance to try it out yet.

More on Iron Out: http://www.ironout.com/brands/ironout.aspx

Anyone try white vinegar?

I tried Borax but that really doesnt do the job (or I am not using enough)

So.....Discuss!
Obviously u haven't been on the road for a week with only one uniform in your bag. Freebreze. It works.
Closed Thread