The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 12, 2006, 04:25am
Official Forum Member

Is this a fraud???

I want to buy an electric scoreboard for my college basketball team. When I search it on ebay, I find the ideal one-- Multisport Tabletop Electric Scoreboard. Now the problem is, the same item, two different stores, two different prices, $264 VS $349. You can have a search yourself. The cheaper one is from Opentip. Anybody ever knows or hears about this store?
I was told that there are lots of frauds on Ebay. Is this a fraud then??? I’m afraid it’s too low to be true. How do you guys think??? Thanks a bunch!
Old Tue Sep 12, 2006, 06:16am
In Memoriam

Yup, I searched. They look OK, but why buy from E-Bay when you can get it direct from opentip.com?

They're in Needham, Mass.... you can phone direct also. Their phone #s are posted on their web site. Your scoreboard is on the left...about halfway down on their home page.

http://www.opentip.com/

You should know all about Opentip anyway, shouldn't you? You already posted a link to their website last December re: wristbands, according to your profile. Just wondering....

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Tue Sep 12, 2006 at 07:26am.
Old Tue Sep 12, 2006, 09:05am
Official Forum Member

After looking through the site, it looks suspiscious to me. In fact your post looks suspisciously like an attempt to get people to go to this website. I'd recommend avoiding this site.

Besides, if you truly had a college team, you would have to go through purchasing department to buy a scoreboard, and you wouldn't be dealing with a questionable vendor like this.
Old Tue Sep 12, 2006, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
After looking through the site, it looks suspiscious to me. In fact your post looks suspisciously like an attempt to get people to go to this website. I'd recommend avoiding this site.

Besides, if you truly had a college team, you would have to go through purchasing department to buy a scoreboard, and you wouldn't be dealing with a questionable vendor like this.
I agree, if you had a college team why would you want a table top score board? WHat college is it?
Old Tue Sep 12, 2006, 09:26am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgolf

My first impression too, Jim, seeing that he had already posted about the exact same site last December.

Being the nice guy that I am though (), I gave him the benefit of the doubt. If he ever posts again about that site though, we'll know for sure.
Old Tue Sep 12, 2006, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaway
I want to buy an electric scoreboard for my college basketball team. When I search it on ebay, I find the ideal one-- Multisport Tabletop Electric Scoreboard. Now the problem is, the same item, two different stores, two different prices, $264 VS $349. You can have a search yourself. The cheaper one is from Opentip. Anybody ever knows or hears about this store?
I was told that there are lots of frauds on Ebay. Is this a fraud then??? I’m afraid it’s too low to be true. How do you guys think??? Thanks a bunch!
YES, IT'S A FRAUD. DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Tue Sep 12, 2006, 06:48pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
EBay has ratings for buyers and sellers. A lot of negatives and the nature of the negatives can give you a pretty good idea on what sellers to avoid.

As BktBallRef is fond of saying..."Don't be a plumber."
Old Sat Sep 16, 2006, 06:22pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
WHat college is it?
It's either the Sam Houston Institute of Technology or the Frankfort Undergraduate College of Kentucky.