The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 06:38pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry coach, I was busy thinking about what the other coach and I were talking about earlier. But I'll get the next one!
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 07:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLAHE
I am interested to hear how many of you handle communication with a coach on a call that is not in your area. I have had two of these recently, one on a purported backcourt violation and one on a goaltend. In each instance, I was handling my area and did not see the plays, yet the coaches were yelling to me about the situatuion.

In one instance, I handled it poorly by saying it was not my call (backcourt) - that clearly did not satisfy the coach. It came across as passing the buck, which the coach did not appreciate.

I don't beleive we want to get into explaining to the coach whose responsibility it is to make a particular call, i.e goaltending. But when they are screaming that you missed an obvious ( in his mind) goaltending call, (which I was rightfully not observing as the lead), what do you say to him?

just curious
I had this situation in a camp the weekend before last. I just explained to the coach that I have 2 able partners looking in that area and I trust them. I said we work a bit harder to give both teams a better game. All he did was smile. No problems after that.
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 07:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Sorry, Coach. This is my first game, I might have missed it.
This might be the most believable answer! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

Where were you on the court?? Center, trail, lead?? Were you too foucused in your area to glance at the shot? Your partners need help sometimes on the floor, going up the floor and tellling the coach" it was not in your area" ! You just hung your partners out to dry. Maybe this should have been talked about during pregame?? I hope it was talked about at the post game. And you should buy the first round

Last edited by Dave Dow; Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 09:10pm.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 07:08am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dow
Where were you on the court?? Center, trail, lead?? Were you too foucused in your area to glance at the shot? Your partners need help sometimes on the floor, going up the floor and tellling the coach" it was not in your area" ! You just hung your partners out to dry. Maybe this should have been talked about during pregame?? I hope it was talked about at the post game. And you should buy the first round
The play was on the lower block on the opposite of the court. I was to busy watching my match up. So I didnt see it anyway.
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 07:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Love2ref4Ever
Talking Stealing a line from Hawkeye, from the show MASH.....................................

You can look the coach straight in the eyes and say,Coach do I look like Radar to you?