The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 03, 2006, 12:49am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to BOBBYMO Send a message via Yahoo to BOBBYMO
Have you seen him play????

Has anyone here seen this guy play? If so.... How is he???

DODGE CITY LEGEND SIGN 7’ 8 3/4” CENTER FROM CHINA

March 30, 2006 By USBL

Dodge City, KS – (March 30, 2006) The United States Basketball League’s (USBL) Dodge City Legend have signed 7’8” Sun Ming Ming, from China. The 2006 USBL season will be the first major competitive competition Ming Ming will face in his young career. Sun will give the Legend a rather large presence in the paint for the upcoming 2006 USBL season as he recovers from the medical conditions that threatened his life less than a year ago.

Sun was diagnosed with Acromegaly in June of 2005 and through a series of donations and loans was able to obtain the surgery needed for his condition. Ming Ming underwent the life saving surgery in Los Angeles to remove a tumor from his pituitary gland in September of 2005.

The Chinese National has been recovering and training in Ventura, CA. The successful surgery enabled Ming Ming to increase his strength, stamina, and speed over the past several months. With his recovery nearly complete, Ming Ming is looking forward to joining his new team in early April.

Legend General Manager and Head Coach, Dale Osbourne, is excited to welcome Sun as a member of the team. "The fans and team cannot wait for Sun to arrive. We feel that the USBL is the perfect opportunity for Sun to finally get on the basketball court and play the game he loves," stated Osbourne.

Sun is equally excited, "I am very happy and thankful to the people in Dodge City for this opportunity. I will always play hard and be a good team player. This has been a long process and it is still early in my career. I know I must continue to get faster and will put in the training necessary to accomplish my goals.” Although Ming Ming is focused at working toward his future as a professional basketball player, he has not forgotten those who helped him along the way, “I want to once again thank all the families from around the country that donated money toward my surgery. Your generosity will never be forgotten."

The defending 2005 USBL Champion Legend will begin their quest for another title on April 23 as they host the Nebraska Cranes. The Legend had a 4-2 record against the Cranes in 2005.

Dodge City, KS will also be home to the 2006 USBL Post-Season Championship tournament held June 23-25. All eight USBL teams will compete in the single elimination tournament to crown the next USBL Champion.
Old Mon Apr 03, 2006, 02:33am
Official Forum Member

Is there, like, a whole section of China where people are tall? or is this some form of new growth plan??? how tall have China's Olympic basketball teams been in the past? Hmmm, acromegaly is a hormonal condition....
Old Mon Apr 03, 2006, 04:36am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
perhaps all people named ming are tall
Old Mon Apr 03, 2006, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjenning
Hmmm, acromegaly is a hormonal condition....
This is a tumor in the pituitary gland that stimulates the production of human growth hormone. The 7'5" Russian center Pavel Podkolzin of the Dallas Mavericks also suffered from this condition, which was not discovered until his NBA physical.
Old Mon Apr 03, 2006, 11:33am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy voyager
perhaps all people named ming are tall
Could be the start of a basketball dynasty.