The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   here are the final 4 officials (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/25862-here-final-4-officials.html)

jr Fri Mar 31, 2006 02:06pm

here are the final 4 officials

from a great source...my buddy who i officiate w/ that is tight w/ teddy v...

ucla/ lsu: ted valentine/ karl hess/ curtis shaw
geo mason/ fla: ed corbett/ ed hightower/ i can't remember the 3rd
final: tony greene/ jim burr/ john cahill

rulesmaven Fri Mar 31, 2006 02:30pm

Wasn't Cahill a FF rookie last year? Now he's got two finals in a row.

I wonder how many games Cahill and Burr have worked together. Very big number, I would imagine.

The New Guy Fri Mar 31, 2006 03:03pm

Would the third on the GM-FL game be Tom Eades? That would be the same crew that worked Florida's regional final game against Villanova.

From what I've read recently on this site, crews don't necessarily have to stay together, but that would be logical for continuity purposes.

Has Eades ever made a Final Four in the past?

Am I recalling correctly that Cahill had a FF assignment back in the mid-90's... Perhaps the year Arkansas won the title (1994, I think). Can anyone confirm that?

BktBallRef Fri Mar 31, 2006 03:57pm

Good to see Curtis Shaw back at the Final Four. Since the MSU-ISU Regional Championship screwup by the other two members of the crew a few years back, I hadn't seen much of Curtis. Always thought he did a great job. Seems to me that this is TV's first trip back to the FF in a while as while. Karl Hess does a great job in the ACC, plus he takes very little crap from K! :)

jbduke Fri Mar 31, 2006 05:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Good to see Curtis Shaw back at the Final Four. Since the MSU-ISU Regional Championship screwup by the other two members of the crew a few years back, I hadn't seen much of Curtis. Always thought he did a great job. Seems to me that this is TV's first trip back to the FF in a while as while. Karl Hess does a great job in the ACC, plus he takes very little crap from K! :)

BkB,

I shut it down that year after the third round, so I didn't see the Midwest Regional Final (read, national championship game) "screw-up." What happened?

BktBallRef Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:59pm

ISU player drives the lane. MSU player moves in front of him. C tableside, signals block, L signals charge. Shaw is trail. The L and C talk, looking like they're trying to decide who's right. Shaw comes in and correctly points out that it's a double foul. It's the ISU player's 5th, Eustachy gets a T. A minute later, Eusdatchy get another T, he's gone and MSU goes on to win.

BTW, the play was clearly a block.

TriggerMN Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
ISU player drives the lane. MSU player moves in front of him. C tableside, signals block, L signals charge. Shaw is trail. The L and C talk, looking like they're trying to decide who's right. Shaw comes in and correctly points out that it's a double foul. It's the ISU player's 5th, Eustachy gets a T. A minute later, Eusdatchy get another T, he's gone and MSU goes on to win.

BTW, the play was clearly a block.

...and it was Paul Shirley's 5th foul, knocking him out of the game...

As an ISU alum, I am not bitter!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BktBallRef Sat Apr 01, 2006 09:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriggerMN
...and it was Paul Shirley's 5th foul, knocking him out of the game...

As an ISU alum, I am not bitter!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wrote, "It's the ISU player's 5th, Eustachy gets a T."

BktBallRef Sun Apr 02, 2006 05:25pm

Man, the woods are full of idiots this time of year. jealous and Envy abound.

dblref Mon Apr 03, 2006 06:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockle Burr
John Cahill officiated at the 1999 & 2000 Final 4's also. This is his 4th Final 4

And your point is?

biz Mon Apr 03, 2006 08:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblref
And your point is?

Look up above before you get snippy!!! He was clearing up how many Final Fours Cahill has worked for another poster. There's no reason for you to be rude.

BktBallRef Mon Apr 03, 2006 08:47am

Shame on you, dblref, for being rude! Chastised by a newbie!!!! :D

Jurassic Referee Mon Apr 03, 2006 08:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by biz
Look up above before you get snippy!!! He was clearing up how many Final Fours Cahill has worked for another poster. There's no reason for you to be rude.

Why? He's just another one of the idiotic fanboys that show up here every March just to crap on our fellow officials. T'hell with him! He deserves everything that he gets.

rulesmaven Mon Apr 03, 2006 07:09pm

Eesh -- sorry guys, I did ask the question about Cahill. Didn't mean to start anything!

Peace.

zebraman Tue Apr 04, 2006 08:21am

Let's see, how do I word this carefully without getting criticized for being racist? OK, I'll just say it. Who was the African-American working the final last night? Was that Tony Greene? What an absolute stud. Great mechanics, great presence, great call selection, looks like an athlete and is always in great position. I really enjoyed watching him.

Z