The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 13, 2006, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fonzzy07
Hey all i am a junior in Highschool. I have officiated for 2 and a half years and am now routinly working 7th and 8th grade games. I am looking for games of this caliber in the st louis area. I do have my patch, and am willing to travel a little ways. Anybody got anything or know where I can look to find games? If you can help me out please either message me or email me at [email protected]
Old Mon Mar 13, 2006, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

Fonzzy, if you can modify the subject line to something more specific like "Help finding MS games in St. Louis" or something, that might help your cause. There's bound to be a local chapter in your area that can help you, so be sure and contact them directly. I have two daughters who began officiating while still in H.S. and they work through the local chapter here in Texas - nothing beyond M.S. until they reach 18. You could also call private schools and see if you could introduce yourself to them by working some scrimmages.

Good Luck! I hope to have my fourth child begin officiating this summer - I think it is wonderful for them to experience this early in life!! or is it sort of like pushing naive children in front of an oncoming train!?! :-)
Old Mon Mar 13, 2006, 11:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fonzzy07
Quote:
Originally posted by jkjenning
Fonzzy, if you can modify the subject line to something more specific like "Help finding MS games in St. Louis" or something, that might help your cause. There's bound to be a local chapter in your area that can help you, so be sure and contact them directly. I have two daughters who began officiating while still in H.S. and they work through the local chapter here in Texas - nothing beyond M.S. until they reach 18. You could also call private schools and see if you could introduce yourself to them by working some scrimmages.

Good Luck! I hope to have my fourth child begin officiating this summer - I think it is wonderful for them to experience this early in life!! or is it sort of like pushing naive children in front of an oncoming train!?! :-)
thanks for the advice i have started a new post with a better title, so everyone please respond to that one.