The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 10, 2006, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

I had an incident where B1 fouled A1 in the act of shooting. Prior to administering the two free throws, B1 was assessed an unsportsmanlike conduct technical foul for expressing disgust with the call. What is the order of precedence for administering free throws, and who gets possession when play resumes?
Old Fri Mar 10, 2006, 04:52pm
Courageous When Prudent

HS: A1 shoots his free throws with a clear lane. Anyone on Team A shoots 2 free throws for the tech (also with clear lane). Team A inbounds from division line.

College: Clear lane for one Team A player to shoot 2 free throws for Tech. Then A1 shoot 2 free throws with players on the lane.

Rec League: No Tech. While administering A1 free throws tell B1 to quit b*tching after such an obvious call or he'll spend rest of the game in parking lot.

[Edited by BadNewsRef on Mar 10th, 2006 at 04:54 PM]
Old Fri Mar 10, 2006, 04:56pm
I got a Basketball Jones!

Quote:
Originally posted by joencali
I had an incident where B1 fouled A1 in the act of shooting. Prior to administering the two free throws, B1 was assessed an unsportsmanlike conduct technical foul for expressing disgust with the call. What is the order of precedence for administering free throws, and who gets possession when play resumes?
Welcome to the forum!
Assuming NFHS rules:
In the order in which they occur. Clear the lane for A1 to shoot two for the shooting foul and ask Coach A (or captain) for shooter(s) for succeeding T. A substitute (or 2) may enter the game to shoot the T and may be subbed out even if the clock has not started.
Administer the throwin to A at the division line opposite the table
Old Mon Mar 13, 2006, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks BadNewsRef and justacoach. I wasn't sure at first, but now I know that we got this one right. Thanks for the help!!!