The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 04, 2006, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Arrow

Since we can't search the board anymore

Your thoughts on Honigs vs. Officials Choice for a new "soft" shirt...I've gotta get at least one, they're on sale at OC, but if the Honigs model is that much better I'll go with it.

Also-college guys-do you order a size down so they fit better or take your shirts to a tailor-unfortunately, I'm not "thick" enough to get that crisp fit in the front and back with a large shirt!
Old Sat Mar 04, 2006, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

I ordered the OC version. Very soft but it was HUGE. I can't wear it at all and it cost to much to send back. Needless to say I will take it to camp this summer and see if I can dump it. When I call them they stated that sizing was the same as a pull over polo shirt. The sizing was horrible and I will not order from them again. I othen ordered a smitty soft shirt and have been very happy with size and quality.

[Edited by CA BBall Ref on Mar 4th, 2006 at 05:51 PM]
Old Sun Mar 05, 2006, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

I started a thread on here a couple of months ago after the Honigs came out but also after I had ordered the OC shirt. I love the OC shirt, but they do run a bit big -- as much as a size too large, so be prepared for that. I think its pushing it to say the sizing is "horrible", but I ordered an XXL, a size I wear for everything else and it was too big -- the XL was just right. Also, call in your order rather than place it on the internet. I've had relative success with ordering with them while others have had problems.

I have not ordered the Honigs shirt, and it seemed the consensus from the thread was the Honigs wrinkled a bit too much (not a problem for the OC, as far as I can tell), but was probably a truer to size fit. I don't recall the rest of the pros/cons, but I think that with people that had both, the OC was the slightly better of two.

I'm sticking with the OC, though I'll check out the Honigs if they come out with a football version. And no, I don't order a smaller size for looks. I don't think a smaller size looks better.
Old Mon Mar 06, 2006, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Honigs shirt wasn't as crisp on the white as the OC shirt. I would go OC without a second thought. But order at least 1 size smaller than usual as their sizing is way off, as previously mentioned.