The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 02, 2006, 05:43am
Official Forum Member

Wink

how's the perch bite, Joe? This was the weekend we were coming up. See ya next year for sure. (Joe runs the Four Seasons Resort on Lake Winnibigoshish, great place to stay)
Old Thu Mar 02, 2006, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

It seems to be a sporatic bite. If you getr off by yourself you can do o.k. I might be doing my officiating in AZ next year! Have some hired help to run the place in the winter. Will miss all of the people I officiate with up here, though. Would like to hear from some AZ refs out there.
Old Thu Mar 02, 2006, 12:10pm
MABO Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Forksref
I've got one more night of two games (JV/V) on the Red Lake Reservation where they had the shootings a year ago. Should be an interesting trip.

Had a good season, 32 games, just enough. Worked 3-man for the first time and love it.

After a month of watching quality NCAA ball in March, I'll get the FB books out and get ready for another season of white-hatting a young crew. I love FB!
Forksref, I am assuming you may be in Grand Forks? If you are will you be involved in any of the Grand-Am Games. I am bringing my daughters team from Winnipeg down so maybe see ya there.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 12:02am
Get away from me, Steve.

It's over. Home team pulls away in the late third/early fourth to win.

I thought I had a solid enough game, but in retrospect there's one I passed on I definitely should've gotten (a player control foul where both players ended up on the ground) and called one I should've held (a solid bump from behind on a rebound that got cleared cleanly by the defense that ended up being the fourth foul on the player). It was a rough game, with bad screens, elbows, and lots of fouls in the first half. Cleaned up in the second half quite a bit.

So I have some things to work on next year. Once I stop saying that, I may as well quit.

For those of you that still have more, enjoy the rest of your season.
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 08:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser

So I have some things to work on next year. Once I stop saying that, I may as well quit.

Exactly, Rich. Learn something every game.
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 11:38am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by mj
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser

Exactly, Rich. Learn something every game.
I just read the newspaper article. Didn't think about it at the time, but a critical moment was a 4-point play at the end of the third quarter -- player goes up for a three at the buzzer and a defender went up and knocked the shooter down. Foul, horn, bucket, free throw, and the game went from a 5 point game to a 9 point game. Guess it was a big moment.
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

My last game was a couple of weeks ago. Very good game to quit on. 2 very good 2A teams. Good crew to work with. Lots of fans in the building. I'm supposed to be working some weekend stuff (just because I want a new TV in my bedroom, I'm a referee equivilent to a streetwalker sometimes) but I did a little something to my knee playing Wednesday night. Its swelled up nicely and I'm on crutches. I have an MRI scheduled for Monday so I'll know the full extent of what I've done then. The doctor I saw the other day doesn't think its a really serious injury, but I might have a small tear in my miniscus (sp? not a word in the 5th grade curriculum I teach). The silver lining is that I'm actually getting the MRI done on both knees for my one deductable payment. I was thinking of getting them looked at one of these first years because as I'm sure a lot of you know from experience, all the court time has given me some ongoing aches and pains. Onward to baseball season for me.