The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jun 21, 2001, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

One of the greatest iventions, I feel is the Fox CMG. Working as many volleyball and basketball games as I do makes it a joy to use. But, the cushion part of mine is starting to fall off and I have had it less than a year. Anyone else have this same problem?

Old Thu Jun 21, 2001, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

I started using the CMG last year. The seams on each side are starting to come apart but I'm certain it's my own fault. I'm hard on whistles (I used to go through 1 or 2 regular foxes per year...I tend to bite through them during tense games). I always keep an extra in my jacket at the scorer's table.

If I see Ron Foxcroft this summer, I'll pass along your gripe...maybe he'll set you up with some free ones!

Old Thu Jun 21, 2001, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Answer with another Answer!

Are these the chewy mouth guard (CMG???) thingies that I see over the business end of the whistle? The look like they'd be a great thing to have, but where do you get 'em? I got my whistle(s) at Dick's, and I didn't see the guards?
Old Thu Jun 21, 2001, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

Why yes they are the ones with the "chewy" ends. Maybe they can make some flavored grips in the future?? I would by a minty whistle.

I get mine from a local ref supply store, but fox has them on their website. I am sure they would be happy to fill your order.
Old Thu Jun 21, 2001, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Talking Uh Oh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Watson
Why yes they are the ones with the "chewy" ends. Maybe they can make some flavored grips in the future?? I would by a minty whistle.
Not good! Coaches and fans are already telling me to quit sucking on my whistle.

Old Thu Jun 21, 2001, 11:55am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Prior to games, I soak mine for a few minutes in mint mouthwash. And yes, I'm talking about my whistle.
Old Thu Jun 21, 2001, 12:17pm
Suppref

I have the same problem

Quote:
One of the greatest iventions, I feel is the Fox CMG. Working as many volleyball and basketball games as I do makes it a joy to use. But, the cushion part of mine is starting to fall off and I have had it less than a year. Anyone else have this same problem?

I've probably gone thruogh 6 or so CMG's in two seasons. All lasted about 10 games. I did have one that must have been defective, it lasted about 25 games. They are tremendous. I once had a partner who used white athletic tape, trimmed to a thin strip, which he wrapped around the mouthpiece. I tried it once, the taste of the tape made me gag on the whistle. More than usual I guess
Old Thu Jun 21, 2001, 12:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Prior to games, I soak mine for a few minutes in mint mouthwash. And yes, I'm talking about my whistle.
Are you saying that there are other things that can be soaked in mint mouthwash?

Brian, I too, love the CMG. But the first year I had one CMG, I had the same problem as you did. Last year, I purchased three and rotated them. It makes a big difference. I guess it's a lot like shoes. They say if you wear three pairs of shoes, rotating them daily, they'll last as long as 5 pairs that are worn daily and aren't rotated.

I wish they would make the mouthgard black as opposed to clear.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith