The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 17, 2006, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Question

About some kid in Minneapolis Kansas High School I believe, supposedly scored 46 points, including six 3-pointers and 5 FTs in 2 minutes and 2 seconds, on Wednesday night? Paul harvey mentioned it on his Noon News on Thursday. Anyone got a link to a news story that may confirm this feat?

To hear the story, go to http://www.paulharvey.com, click the news noon news and fast forwaard to the 10:00 minute mark and you'll hear it.
Old Fri Feb 17, 2006, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

ESPN is showing clips of the kid scoring the points, but I thought they said it was 25 points in 2 minutes and some seconds. I am not positive. ESPN says it is a kid who is headed to Arkansas State. I couldn't find an online story with only a real quick search.
Old Sat Feb 18, 2006, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

From the Salina [KS] Journal on 17 Feb 06:

"On Tuesday night against Southeast of Saline, Minneapolis’ 6-foot senior guard scored 25 of his school record 46 points during the first 2 minutes and 2 seconds of the third quarter.

Wedel was 7 of 7 from the field during the stretch, knocking down six 3-pointers, and 5 of 5 from the free throw line.

His three-point play at the 5:58 mark, when he forced a Southeast turnover, scored while being fouled and converted his attempt from the free-throw line, put Minneapolis ahead 64-29 and capped off Wedel’s scoring binge. Those turned out to be Wedel’s final points of the evening. He had 21 points in the first half."

Wow!