The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member

Boys JV last night. Home up by 12 with about a minute and a half to go. Home player in front court, I'm trail, and home player gets bumped, he played through it, and I let it go...mostly in the interest of keeping the clock going. Home coach is going crazy.."You have to call that. You got to blow your whistle"

The only thing that popped in my mind was one of the responses from here : "OK coach. I'll blow the whistle. Whack!"
I was inwardly laughing to myself as they stalled the game and pretty much ran out the clock
Old Wed Feb 15, 2006, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Ya know, it's situations like that that just make me want to turn my back on the court and start talking to the coach as if there's nothing going on behind me, and hope that his player gets clobbered and my P doesn't pick it up either, no matter WHO's area it happens in.
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Whistles & Stripes
Ya know, it's situations like that that just make me want to turn my back on the court and start talking to the coach as if there's nothing going on behind me, and hope that his player gets clobbered and my P doesn't pick it up either, no matter WHO's area it happens in.
It's "WHOSE", WS.

Generally, you and I don't agree about much, but on this one I sympathize with the feeling. I've had it a time or two myself!
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 06:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Whistles & Stripes
It's "WHOSE", WS.

Generally, you and I don't agree about much, but on this one I sympathize with the feeling. I've had it a time or two myself!
Had something similar happen in an NFHS soccer game. There were only two officials for the game. The coach started barking at my partner who was on his sideline and he turned to respond. Just then the opposing sent a pass through the last line of the defense. The attacking team was clearly offside, but my distracted partner didn't see it. The opposing team went in and scored. I did absolutely nothing. There was no greater penalty that could be given to that coach for hollering at my partner and taking his focus away from the action.
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 07:33am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
...The attacking team was clearly offside, but my distracted partner didn't see it. The opposing team went in and scored. I did absolutely nothing. There was no greater penalty that could be given to that coach for hollering at my partner and taking his focus away from the action.
Oh, my !!
That surprises me, Nevadaref.
I think I could not follow that course.
mick