The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
If you've ever made your daughter take off her Livestrong band at the dinner table. . .
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
If you check your child's math homework and erase all the "illegal" numbers. . .
Old Thu Feb 16, 2006, 09:50am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by basketballen
Here's my list of the famous and not so famous....

OJ Mayo in last summer's AAU regional championship
and he wasn't the best player on the court. Afterword I thought I'd just ref'd the best High School age team in the country...wrong...They got beat in the national championship by a team from out west.

Rick Patino's younget son in a 6th grade csaa semi-final. Patino showed up about halfway through the 1st period with an entourage of peeps. He "sort of" watched the game, neer as I coud tell, while he held court in the corner of the gym; until the end. I think he was paying attention when the game went down to a break away by the opponent in the last seconds that needed my whistle to call a foul as time expired. No time...nobody on the lane and the opposing kid sank both to win the game. Never a peep from Patino or his entourage. Funny thing...I'm convinced that Patino's kid really would have rather of been home playing video games.

Bobby Patrino's kids twice. His son in a great game vs a rival catholic school in Freedom Hall last season. His boy is a fierce competitor and probably a better quarterback than a point guard. Then we had his 7th grade daughter in a AAU summer game that was rough. It was a skilled game but aggressive. Patrino howled like a monkey and even confronted me in the snack bar area as I got a sip of H2O.
He suckered me with a smile as he approached to tell me that it was his kid getting hammered out there. I said "it's going both ways coach, what do you want from me?" I lost what little respect I had for him. I have to admit he didn't make a peep during the second half.

Michael Jordan's son showed up for his team's summer game with body guards. I was working a game on a floor in one of the corners of the facility. Everyone stopped to watch. It was wierd. But then again...the kid's dad is world famous and worth 100million+. If it was me I'd have hired guards for my kid too.

Chris Collingsworth's son in an AAU pool play game. Not a problem from the dad but I had to hold myself back from asking for an autograph. I'm a big fan.

Billy Bob Dufus's boy in a VB game. If you were to belive Billy Bob...I cost his boy a full ride to Kentucky. But they don't need him, Kentucky just beat Gorgia and are now back on the national championship lock.

sheesh

Kentucky is 6-5 in the SEC East, a full FOUR games behind Tennessee. They still have games AT Tennessee and against Florida. They'll get an at-large bid, mainly by reputation alone.