The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LouisianaDave
I was watching a game here in Baton Rouge and there was an interesting play. There was the dreaded blarge between lead and c. It was in the paint and I think in leads primary. The two officials couldnt agree so they decided to go to the television monitors and watch the replay and then they went with a charge. I didnt know NCAA allowed replay for judgement calls. Any ideas about this NCAA guys, btw the conference was the SWAC.
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Yikes! No, definitely not allowed on the men's side. I can't speak for the women, b/c they handle the blarge differently from the men, but I'd be surprised if they allowed this.
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LouisianaDave
Chuck it was the craziest thing, it was mens baskeball between southern and ark pine bluff. I know the swac isnt a power conference, but I thought all D1 conferences used the same basic set of rules. The refs went to the cox tv monitors and used the instant replay on a call. The annoucers were saying that this was a first for them being able to help out and all.
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 05:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Yikes! No, definitely not allowed on the men's side. I can't speak for the women, b/c they handle the blarge differently from the men, but I'd be surprised if they allowed this.
Just curious, how dot hey handle it differently?
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 05:18pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Just curious, how dot hey handle it differently?
I could be wrong here about the men's side, but I think on the men's side they will report it as a double foul if they can't agree one way or the other...women's side is not allowed to do that. They have to decide whose primary it was in and let that person make the call...no double fouls allowed on the women's blarge.
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
I think on the men's side they will report it as a double foul if they can't agree one way or the other...
It doesn't matter if we end up agreeing or not. Once both fouls are signaled, they both get reported.