The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 08:36am
Jerry Blum

This is a situation my Dad sent me that they have been discussing and trying to figure out.

Player A1 is fouled in the lane before any shot attempt. His team is in the Super
Bonus. A1 has two shots coming After the foul is called and before any shots are attempted player A2 and B2 give each other a push and are called for the double technicals. Whether or not they are thrown out for fihgting or not has no bearing on the situation. The question is how should the ball be put back into play?

Just to Add so you know this is NFHS in Illinois.

[Edited by Jerry Blum on Feb 10th, 2006 at 08:44 AM]
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 08:41am
In Memoriam

Play is resumed at the POI, as per R7-5-9. The POI was A1 shooting his first free-throw, as per R4-36-2(b).

Iow, A1 gets his 2 FT's with the lanes filled.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Blum
This is a situation my Dad sent me that they have been discussing and trying to figure out.

Player A1 is fouled in the lane before any shot attempt. His team is in the Super
Bonus. A1 has two shots coming After the foul is called and before any shots are attempted player A2 and B2 give each other a push and are called for the double technicals. Whether or not they are thrown out for fihgting or not has no bearing on the situation. The question is how should the ball be put back into play?
Not sure what rules you are playing, but NFHS rules now go back to the point of interuption for a double T, which was A1 shooting the Super Bonus.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Super Bonus? That sounds like a real bad "fan" term.

Z
Old Fri Feb 10, 2006, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Talking

I used the term in a game a couple of weeks ago. We called 30 fouls in each half. Late in the game after players run over each other for the 40th, 50th time, whatever, I was heard to say to myself, gloomily, "Super, bonus....again."