The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Another 'How would you handle this'...... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/24546-another-how-would-you-handle.html)

SeanFitzRef Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:56am

Game last night, two officials. A5 grabs a rebound, then goes up for a shot. L calls a push on B2, grants two shots, BUT THE BALL GOES IN!! T never signals one way or the other, so two shots are granted, and they never counted the basket. This happens in the 3rd quarter, game eventually goes to overtime. Is this a correctable error?

ThickSkin Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:01am

The crowd wasn't all over you because of this? Three guys I went to observe one night had a similar situation. The shot fell, they granted two shots and the crowd lost it.

I would say it is a correctable error:

Erroneously counting or <b>canceling<b/> a score.

FishinRef Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:20am

Check rules 2-10-3 and 2-10-4.

SmokeEater Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:34am

Correctable as long as it is recognized before the second live ball if the error occurred when the clock was running.

NCAA rules reference.

assignmentmaker Fri Jan 27, 2006 01:19pm

A bizarre explanantion . . .

Quote:

Originally posted by SeanFitzRef
Game last night, two officials. A5 grabs a rebound, then goes up for a shot. L calls a push on B2, grants two shots, BUT THE BALL GOES IN!! T never signals one way or the other, so two shots are granted, and they never counted the basket. This happens in the 3rd quarter, game eventually goes to overtime. Is this a correctable error?
Was the double bonus in effect? Perhaps the lead had the foul on the floor . . .

WhistlesAndStripes Fri Jan 27, 2006 01:54pm

Re: A bizarre explanantion . . .

Quote:

Originally posted by assignmentmaker
Quote:

Was the double bonus in effect? Perhaps the lead had the foul on the floor . . .

I have never called a foul on the floor. Most of my fouls are on White 23, Blue 34 or some other player. Occasionally, I will call a foul before the shot though.

truerookie Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:53pm

Re: Re: A bizarre explanantion . . .

Quote:

Originally posted by Whistles & Stripes
Quote:

Originally posted by assignmentmaker
Quote:

I have never called a foul on the floor. Most of my fouls are on White 23, Blue 34 or some other player. Occasionally, I will call a foul before the shot though.

W&S, lol, you are silly!