The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 06, 2006, 08:15pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

First night back on the court last night after over two weeks off. Was ready for a good game. Girls were out of sync and played fair at best. No flow or pace to the game. I felt out of rhythmn all night. I hate that feeling of never quite being into the swing of things the first game back after a break.
Old Fri Jan 06, 2006, 09:48pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Sounds like the 41-6 gem I had tonight.
Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 03:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to lukealex
There is nothing like a 93-27 JV game to get you back in the swing of things.

Two 6'6" guys on one team getting EVERY rebound, then scoring. The other team can't do anything about it. Opposing coach gets mad because they are tall. What do you do? Nothing.

I'm ready for the next game.
Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Smile

Rev,

I'm with you. First game last night in 3 weeks. I showed up 50 minutes before the game so I can get my head staright and our assoc. president is there as one of my partners. He is on the phone frantically trying to get someone to cover another game that an official called off of at the last minute. It takes us 45 minutes of phone calls (he and I) to get a relacement for the other game so we do no pre-game and go out and call a boys JV game. We get on the court 5 minutes before tip-off. Talk about sluggish! The girls varsity game follows and I get to be the R. Visitors win by about 50, I felt behind all game, and this morning I get an evaluation in my e-mail from our district director. Obviously it was not the best eval in the world. I'm not saying I'm ready to go any higher than I do yet, but I know I am better than last night. Anyway, I also did the boys Varsity and we went double OT and I actually think we did a pretty good job as a crew. Unfortunately I think the director was gone bey then. Oh well, I am just glad I do this for fun. I love high school basketball.

[Edited by johnnyrao on Jan 7th, 2006 at 10:24 AM]
Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

Cool

Got a girls JV game at noon. Two long rival schools with good teams. The JV squads are probably as talented as the V on both. Both love to run and push the ball up the court. We'll see how the rhythm works today. Also, I have a pinched nerve and was on a Methylprednisolone steroid pack the other night. Just might have affected the rhythm, too. Ya think?
Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Rev,

Good luck. I found that as my games went on last night I got more into the rythm, or at least that's my opinion. I'm sure the three other refs and my district supervisor thought otherwise. IMO, there is nothing more difficult than reffing a game with more senior refs in the stands watching. I liken it to being a pilot and having to fly a plan load of passengers that are all very senior pilots to you. I guarantee that even though you get them safeyl to their destination you will be told the 100 or so things you did not do right (been there, done that).