Thread: Out of rhythm
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Smile

Rev,

I'm with you. First game last night in 3 weeks. I showed up 50 minutes before the game so I can get my head staright and our assoc. president is there as one of my partners. He is on the phone frantically trying to get someone to cover another game that an official called off of at the last minute. It takes us 45 minutes of phone calls (he and I) to get a relacement for the other game so we do no pre-game and go out and call a boys JV game. We get on the court 5 minutes before tip-off. Talk about sluggish! The girls varsity game follows and I get to be the R. Visitors win by about 50, I felt behind all game, and this morning I get an evaluation in my e-mail from our district director. Obviously it was not the best eval in the world. I'm not saying I'm ready to go any higher than I do yet, but I know I am better than last night. Anyway, I also did the boys Varsity and we went double OT and I actually think we did a pretty good job as a crew. Unfortunately I think the director was gone bey then. Oh well, I am just glad I do this for fun. I love high school basketball.

[Edited by johnnyrao on Jan 7th, 2006 at 10:24 AM]