The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Question

I'm not sure if this concerns me or not? But, I've had to ref three JV games with a very unproffesional ref and I'm not sure if I should say something to an assignor so I don't have to do any games with him anymore or just go on with the games. He shows up to the games with aboout 5 minutes to go, very sloppy, dirty and smells real bad. He's not cleanly shaven, I'm not talking about a gotee, 3-4 days not shaven. His hair is messy and he has dandruff real bad. His breath is killer and to top it off he comes on to the court in an off-black, cheap wind-breaker for all the games. But, he does a decent job on the court. So my question is: Shut my mouth and let him sink his own ship or say something because I have a few more games to do with this guy.
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 10:14pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by chrs_schuster
I'm not sure if this concerns me or not? But, I've had to ref three JV games with a very unproffesional ref and I'm not sure if I should say something to an assignor so I don't have to do any games with him anymore or just go on with the games. He shows up to the games with aboout 5 minutes to go, very sloppy, dirty and smells real bad. He's not cleanly shaven, I'm not talking about a gotee, 3-4 days not shaven. His hair is messy and he has dandruff real bad. His breath is killer and to top it off he comes on to the court in an off-black, cheap wind-breaker for all the games. But, he does a decent job on the court. So my question is: Shut my mouth and let him sink his own ship or say something because I have a few more games to do with this guy.
I think you should do whatever you would do if this were your job, at home or in another situation in life.
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chrs_schuster
I'd call the assignor, not because I don't want to work with him again but because he's a bad reflection of your entire association.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Tue Jan 03, 2006, 12:04am
Official Forum Member

I'd probably bring a new pair of pants, scope, Selsin Blue, and Speed Stick to the games for him to use. I mean look if your partner looks bad, both physically or mentally in the game...then you look bad.

---James Dean
Old Tue Jan 03, 2006, 11:47am
In Memoriam

Git in, git done, git out.
Old Tue Jan 03, 2006, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

Maybe call should not be to the assignor - but to your associations administration. Do you have Division (skill level) representatives that are obligated to "help".