The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Hey everyone, I'm new on these forums, but I was hoping someone could help me out. Currently I'm helping to categorize some footage of officiation of some basketball games. I am good with editing and stuff, but not so good with determining what calls are being made since I don't recognize all the hand signals. If anyone here could point me in the right direction (like a website or something) that would give me examples of the different hand signals, that would be really helpful. thanks in advance!
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by noobshoes
Hey everyone, I'm new on these forums, but I was hoping someone could help me out. Currently I'm helping to categorize some footage of officiation of some basketball games. I am good with editing and stuff, but not so good with determining what calls are being made since I don't recognize all the hand signals. If anyone here could point me in the right direction (like a website or something) that would give me examples of the different hand signals, that would be really helpful. thanks in advance!
http://www.nfhs.org/staticcontent/pdfs/bbsignals05.pdf

Z
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

thank you for the help. do you know if there are any other sites that show more of the foul signals or motion? i'm having a hard time with some of the gestures the officials are doing and i can't find them anywhere. im not sure if this makes a difference, but it's women's college basketball. thank you!
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Women's College has some different (and extra) signals. I don't have the link to the online PDF but I'm sure someone else does. If you're having problem with certain signals you can post here and we can possibly give you some explanation.
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ump620
if you go to the general ncaa website (www.ncaa.org), look under key links - click on winter sports - click either mens or women's basketball - then click on "official rules books" - you should be able to download the pdf version of the signal chart. It shows signals for both mens and womens college mechanics
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Just be aware that many college officials use signals other than the officially approved ones - especially when it comes to reporting fouls.
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 06:33pm
Official Forum Member

NCAA

The website is a little convoluted even if you know for what you are looking.

3.5 MB
here's what you want - it might help.
http://www.ncaa.org/library/programs...ll_signals.pdf