The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 03, 2006, 07:24pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
I love this sentence!! Gets my vote for post of the week.
There's voting now? I don't see a poll.

BTW, I agree with Juulie.
Old Mon Apr 03, 2006, 07:36pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliref
On the boxing out.... I had a coach talk to me at halftime over this and I asked him if he thought the contact was incedental.... and he was dumbfounded. I told him that his players were hitting the other ones when boxing out so hard that it was definately a foul.
My first weekend getting games after moving to Colorado, I've got 14 and under girls AAU. Maybe it was 15 and under, ah, it doesn't matter. Never mind that part.

25 seconds left in the 2nd quarter, A1 takes a shot from about 17 feet.
While the shot is in the air, B1 "boxes" A2 out, nearly planting her on the bench in the process. It was so obvious and she pushed her so far (at least 10 feet), my whistle blew before I realized it wasn't my area (I was L, and the foul was from the opposite elbow, and she landed right in front of the T). He had it , too, my whistle just blew on its own.

On the ensuing free throws, I missed a similar foul on the front end of the one-and-one. The shot was made, and I think I was just a bit surprised that she'd do it again. Sure enough, my chance at redemption came on the next free throw, when she did it again. Amazing.

Now we're in double bonus. After the shooting team gets the rebound off the missed 2nd free throw, A3 takes a three pointer (I'm T now) right in front of me. B1 does it again, this time before the shooter lands, and injuring the shooter in the process.

A coach comes out, and so does another adult (don't know if it was Mom or a "trainer") who tells me "that girl has to go." B coach was subbing her out, and B1 was sobbing, so I didn't bother saying a word. He'd already tried twice to let her know what she'd done wrong. She just didn't understand the concept.

All this in about 7 seconds of game time.