The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Everyone 2 situations I had this weekend. Just want some feedback on how they were handled.

1. Defender bellies up to PG with ball. PG swings his elbows. I call the violation. 2 minutes later he does this again - this time he connects with the defender on the jaw. Flagrant foul. Right? wrong?

2. A1 has ball stripped by defender. As the defender breaks away - A1 trips him. Just sticks his leg out. Intentional foul. Both my partner and I called intentional. Right? Wrong?

Thanks.
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:19am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by whistleman
Everyone 2 situations I had this weekend. Just want some feedback on how they were handled.

1. Defender bellies up to PG with ball. PG swings his elbows. I call the violation. 2 minutes later he does this again - this time he connects with the defender on the jaw. Flagrant foul. Right? wrong?
You were there, we were not. If you feel the throwing the elbow was done purposely to injure, then it is a flagrant foul. Strictly a judgment call on your part.

Quote:
2. A1 has ball stripped by defender. As the defender breaks away - A1 trips him. Just sticks his leg out. Intentional foul. Both my partner and I called intentional. Right? Wrong?

Thanks.
I have no problem with the call. Why would you question this call?

Peace
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:19am
In Memoriam

Quote:

1) Judgement call. If you thought there was an attempt to injure, then flagrant would be the right call.

2) Again, judgement call. If you thought it was done to take away an obvious advantage, then it was the right call.

None of us can really give you a definitive answer on the above imo. Those are plays that you have to see, and then make your own mind up on.
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

The options are PC foul, intentional personal foul, flagrant personal foul.

Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure I was not to far off base. There really was no doubt I did it right. But outside opinions never hurt.