The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 06:04pm
Official Forum Member

I got 250 feet of out of bounds lines to watch. Two coach’s and assistants and two bench’s full of players. I have a scorekeeper, a book keeper and a clock.
I watch the alternating possession arrow.

I call fouls, watch for fouls and count fouls for two teams.

I watch two center lane areas for three second violations, a 50 foot division line for over and back, I visibly count time in the back court, under the basket and closely guarded – dribbling or standing or dribbling

I have ten active players, twenty moving feet, elbows legs and hands and ten mouths to observe for unsportsman-like comments. I got ten players wanting every rebound – crowding and pushing into the lane.

I got the three second line. Call the ball in the air and again if its made.

I have two coach’s box’s, two coach’s yelling in my ear. Two cheerleader squads to avoid crowding the sideline

I watch the defense and the offense, on ball and off ball. I got shot on last second, I got the action under the boards.

I administer free throws and technical fouls. I watch for lane violations and shooter distractions. I call time outs, beckon players as substitutes and call teams back into play.

I watch for rubber bands, hair clips and un-tucked shirt-tails I call double fouls, team control fouls, I talk to the captains during the game.

I had no partner tonight. He’s OK but the car was totaled.
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 06:50pm
Official Forum Member

if no one said it to you after the game, "Thanks!"
(glad to hear your partner is ok)
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

So what's your point?
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 07:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Ref Daddy
I got 250 feet of out of bounds lines to watch. Two coach’s and assistants and two bench’s full of players. I have a scorekeeper, a book keeper and a clock.

I watch two center lane areas for three second violations, a 50 foot division line for over and back, I visibly count time in the back court, under the basket and closely guarded – dribbling or standing or dribbling

I have ten active players, twenty moving feet, elbows legs and hands and ten mouths to observe for unsportsman-like comments. I got ten players wanting every rebound – crowding and pushing into the lane.

I have two coach’s box’s, two coach’s yelling in my ear. Two cheerleader squads to avoid crowding the sideline

I watch the defense and the offense, on ball and off ball. I got shot on last second, I got the action under the boards.

I administer free throws and technical fouls. I watch for lane violations and shooter distractions. I call time outs, beckon players as substitutes and call teams back into play.

I watch for rubber bands, hair clips and un-tucked shirt-tails I call double fouls, team control fouls, I talk to the captains during the game.

It's enough to make you want to go back to the half-court game that the girls used to play!!

PS Good job.
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 07:48pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Ref Daddy

Glad that your partner's OK, Daddy.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Way to hang in there.
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 07:49pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Whistles & Stripes
So what's your point?
I'm amazed.....but not surprised.