The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

fouls
1)it is a common foul when B1 fouls A1 as A1 is trying for a field goal? (it could be, but it could also be some other ones too) i put true, but was thinking it may be false because i may be reading too much into it maybe??

2)A team control foul can also be intentional or flagrant? i put false, but started thinking what are they actually trying to ask (just wondering do they mean by team control=no shots which would make it false, or are they just saying the offensive team could commit both of these types fouls)

free throw
3) a player occupying a marked lane space may not have any part of his/her body beyond the vertical plane of the lane boundary or edge of any space? (is this asking can they hold their arms over the line) which would make it false
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 11:52am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by jritchie
fouls
1)it is a common foul when B1 fouls A1 as A1 is trying for a field goal? (it could be, but it could also be some other ones too) i put true, but was thinking it may be false because i may be reading too much into it maybe??

2)A team control foul can also be intentional or flagrant? i put false, but started thinking what are they actually trying to ask (just wondering do they mean by team control=no shots which would make it false, or are they just saying the offensive team could commit both of these types fouls)

free throw
3) a player occupying a marked lane space may not have any part of his/her body beyond the vertical plane of the lane boundary or edge of any space? (is this asking can they hold their arms over the line) which would make it false
10 The definition of a common foul in R4-19-2 sez that it can't be committed against a player trying or tapping for a field goal. The answer has to be F.

2)A team control foul is a common foul, as per R4-19-7. A common foul can't be intentional or flagrant, as per R4-19-2 again. Ergo, a team control foul can never be intentional or flagrant. F again.

3)You have to know R9-1-9 to answer this one. That rule sez it's illegal to have a foot beyond the vertical plane of the lane, not any part of his body. Correct answer is therefore F.

Yup, you're thinking too much.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Dec 8th, 2005 at 11:54 AM]
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 12:21pm
Official Forum Member

got 2 out of 3..and should of known better on the 1st one..thanks jurassic