The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 07, 2005, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

I run a Church BB league. We play (to the extent possible)high school rules (volunteer refs).

We have an organizational meeting on Thursday.

My question is this:
Have there been any major changes in the HS rules? I am talking something like the change last year where 2 fewer players line up for FT.

I am not looking for, although important to this group, minor interpetations of rules, as we are a hack league and it would be pearls before swine.

I am just looking for any major changes. I have been through posts checking, but see nothing, I just want to know if I missed anything.
Old Wed Dec 07, 2005, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

www.nfhs.org. This should help you out.
Old Wed Dec 07, 2005, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rotationslim
I run a Church BB league. We play (to the extent possible)high school rules (volunteer refs).

We have an organizational meeting on Thursday.

My question is this:
Have there been any major changes in the HS rules? I am talking something like the change last year where 2 fewer players line up for FT.

I am not looking for, although important to this group, minor interpetations of rules, as we are a hack league and it would be pearls before swine.

I am just looking for any major changes. I have been through posts checking, but see nothing, I just want to know if I missed anything.
No bonus free throws for the defense when the team in control of the ball fouls - similar to the way PC fouls are handled today.

You'll need to understand how team control is defined by the fed to apply this new rule. Under fed rules there is no team control during a jump ball, during a throw-in, on a shot and during rebounding action after a shot.

Examples of TC foul are illegal screen, post player clearing out his defender to make space for a pass, etc...

T's are not TC fouls.
Old Wed Dec 07, 2005, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

There were a lot of good suggestions for this kind of thing on this thread http://www.officialforum.com/thread/23428 - especially BillyMac's post on page two of the thread.