The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 03, 2005, 07:37am
Official Forum Member

White #30 commits a player control foul, pushing green #10 to the floor. Green #10 gets up and is nose to nose with white #30. Both players receive T's. White #32, who has reported and is waiting to sub in, enters the court upon hearing a whistle. Would you disqualify white #32 for leaving the confines of the bench during an altercation or merely issue a technical foul for an illegal substitution?
Old Sat Dec 03, 2005, 07:57am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by pauli
White #30 commits a player control foul, pushing green #10 to the floor. Green #10 gets up and is nose to nose with white #30. Both players receive T's. White #32, who has reported and is waiting to sub in, enters the court upon hearing a whistle. Would you disqualify white #32 for leaving the confines of the bench during an altercation or merely issue a technical foul for an illegal substitution?
If white #32 just came on the floor to sub in without being beckoned, give him a T. If you thought he came on the floor because of the altercation, give him a flagrant T.

Strictly a judgement, htbt call imo.
Old Sat Dec 03, 2005, 08:07am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
like Jurrasic says, in FIBA it's just a T regardless though. Poor chap, think he's going to play, and gets thrown out :P
Old Sat Dec 03, 2005, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

NFHS
SECTION 2 SUBSTITUTE TECHNICAL
A substitute shall not enter the court:
ART. 1 . . . Without reporting to the scorer.
ART. 2 . . . Without being beckoned by an official, except between quarters.
Old Sat Dec 03, 2005, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

My Junior year. Have played a total of about 8 minutes all year. I was your classic 20-20 player. I went in when we were up by 20 or down by 20. We're down by 20. Coach is in a deep, dark depressive mood. Live ball. We are taking it up the court. Coach yells,

"Crow get in there!"

I jump up off the bench and run onto the court w/o taking off my warm-up jacket or even going near the Table.

Tech! Coach grabs me. Foam coming out of his mouth....

"Crow...you have to report in!"

I report in and get beckoned after the Tech....on way out with about 30 seconds left, us down by 22 and the other Team having the ball....I shout to Coach,

"What play should we run when we get the ball?"

I was God's punishment against all the Coaches you guys complain about on the Board. Kind of the "Basketbal Angel of Death". God bless my old Coach.....

My Senior year. Now playing about half a game and reporting to the Table on a semi-regular basis. Get great rebound and pivot. Unlucky Point Guard on our Team has effected perfect sneak-away. 80 feet away...totally free.

Coach is standing up and screaming,

"Crow! Throw it! Throw it! Throw the ball...."

I try kind of a side arm throw....old short-shorts basketball uniform has belt loops....the thumb on my throwing hand gets caught in the belt loop. As I make pass, my ball hand gets caught causing what can best be described as a perfect "slice". Ball slices over to our bench and Coach catches ball OOB. Looks like I intended to throw perfect outlet pass to screaming Coach.

Coach has expression on face of total disbelief. Can't understand why he is holding ball and our Point Guard is under our basket with cobwebs on his Chuck Taylors. Fans are peeing their pants with laughter. I try to hide behind Cheerleaders......but they push me toward now enraged, snarling Coach.

These experiences have left deep, deep emotional scars.....but they are helpful in Reffing with a sense of humor.