Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Nate1224hoops
My understanding of that rule is that once you have established your "spot," then a player may step with one foot in any direction. If both feet are moving or in motion on a spot throw-in, then it is a violation.
As others have pointed out, that's not correct, Nate. You can do the hokey-pokey during the throw-in, if you want to, as long as you stay within that 3-foot wide designated spot.
That would be funny to see someone complete the Hokey-Pokey within 5 seconds.
I think it was Steven Wright who said, "What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?"
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to lukealex
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by lukealex
The player has a box that I believe is 3 feet on each side that they can move in.
You believe wrong. The box is a total 3 feet wide, not 6 feet. The thrower must keep one foot on or over the designated spot.
That is what I meant, a 3 foot wide box. The box has sides that are each 3 feet. Not 3 feet to the left and right of the player.
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to PGCougar
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The player has a box that I believe is 3 feet on each side that they can move in.
You believe wrong. The box is a total 3 feet wide, not 6 feet. The thrower must keep one foot on or over the designated spot.
That is what I meant, a 3 foot wide box. The box has sides that are each 3 feet. Not 3 feet to the left and right of the player.
Since we are all nit-picking, I'd suggest saying a 3-foot wide lane, since a box would only be 3-feet deep. Since you can go back within the lane as far as you wish, a box isn't the right shape, gemoetrically speaking...
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally posted by PGCougar
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Since we are all nit-picking, I'd suggest saying a 3-foot wide lane, since a box would only be 3-feet deep. Since you can go back within the lane as far as you wish, a box isn't the right shape, gemoetrically speaking...
Usually a step to the right or left.