The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 24, 2005, 05:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
I got an idea, why don't we use this thread to post down all intresting articles, videos and all kinds of news that we think somebody here would be intrested in. We've had a few discussions regarding articles. But there must be more, so I'll start with this one:

NCAA changing lane and 3 point line? Women adopting 10 second rule?
http://www.fiba.com/pages/en/news/pr...act_news=10110

Sounds intresting to me.
Old Thu Nov 24, 2005, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Interesting. I'm an old guy. I actually enjoy watching NCAA Women's Ball better than the Men's game. It's more like 1960's basketball to me.

The 3-point line changed the game dramatically. One can argue for the better or the worse. I still hate to see 6'-10" players jack 3's.

Personally, the single most efective shot in basketball is the turnaround jump shot. It is just about impossible to defend if he pass is good and the player is skilled in it's execution. Players like Bernard King, Adrain Dantly, Kevin McHale, Bird and Jack Sikma just killed peopled with this technique for decades. It's a lost art in today's game both in HS and college.

Pivot play has to be a fundamental of basketball. Personally, I support moving the HS and NCAA 3-point lines back to Wisconsin. I always make a point of telling kids I caoch who I thought was the single best pivot player ever.....

I say it was Jordan. If you look at how he scored and what a great turnaround he had....he made his bones with his back to the basket a lot. (Probably cause he was real smart and very well coached.)