The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 22, 2005, 03:40pm
M.A.S.H.

A1 shot is in flight. B3 pushes A2 under the basket. Tweet, foul on B3. Shot goes, A is not in the bonus. So, I counted the bucket and gave the ball to A nearest the spot of the foul for a throw-in.

Coach B wants to know how they get the ball back and said it's never been like that.

Thoughts?
Old Tue Nov 22, 2005, 03:47pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
A1 shot is in flight. B3 pushes A2 under the basket. Tweet, foul on B3. Shot goes, A is not in the bonus. So, I counted the bucket and gave the ball to A nearest the spot of the foul for a throw-in.

Coach B wants to know how they get the ball back and said it's never been like that.

Thoughts?
I think Coach B doesn't know the rules. I think maybe I know Coach B. (and Coach A, and Coach C, etc.)

Lonesome Dove
Old Tue Nov 22, 2005, 04:32pm
In Memoriam

Arrow

Quote:

Thoughts?
Calls like that can get you gigged.
But yer still right.
mick
Old Tue Nov 22, 2005, 05:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to mcdanrd Send a message via AIM to mcdanrd Send a message via Yahoo to mcdanrd
I have had the same situation. However, I try to avoid that call. If the basket goes I usually overlook the push since there is no advantage gained.....unless it's very blatant. If the shot doesn't go I blow the foul.
Old Tue Nov 22, 2005, 05:54pm
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by mcdanrd
I have had the same situation. However, I try to avoid that call. If the basket goes I usually overlook the push since there is no advantage gained.....unless it's very blatant. If the shot doesn't go I blow the foul.
mcdanrd,
If the shot bounces around the rim, that's quite a delayed whistle.
mick
Old Tue Nov 22, 2005, 05:56pm
M.A.S.H.

I understand that mcdanrd. However, I'm not watching (as L)whether the bucket goes in or not. I'm looking straight at the players in the paint not what's going on above the rim.
Old Tue Nov 22, 2005, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Thoughts?
Tell the coach that it was that way when he coached in the NBA but now that he coaches in HS it just aint so
Old Tue Nov 22, 2005, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:

Thoughts?
Don't feel bad. I had a player (NCAA) tonight tell me that I blew a PC call b/c the defender was moving.

"He was moving!"
"So?"
"What do you mean, so? He was moving!"
"He can be moving. He got there first, didn't he?"
"He can't be moving."
"Why not? He doesn't have to be set."
"Yes he does."
"No, he really doesn't. He can be moving."
"No he can't. He can't move."

Oh well. I'm not losing any sleep over it. Neither should you.
Old Wed Nov 23, 2005, 02:10am
M.A.S.H.

Yeah I won't be losing any sleep over it. However, I hit a deer on the way home tonight. Might lose a little over that, I got him pretty good, but I'm alright.
Old Wed Nov 23, 2005, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Scary. Glad you're ok. How'd the car handle it?

On the plus side, you've got fresh venison for Thanksgiving. . .
Old Wed Nov 23, 2005, 08:19am
Official Forum Member

been there done that tjones.. made the same call last night in a BV scrimmage... Team A 6 pts down, 2 minutes to play A2 set screen for A1 in the corner for a three, good screen, ball shot, player B1 runs right thru screen, knocks A2 to the floor, couldn't be avoided, three pointer goes, i'm in lead, call the foul on B1, no bonus, ball out of bounds to team A, TEam A runs great play and gets wide open for another 3, swoosh, 6 pts in about 4 seconds!! Tie game!
Old Wed Nov 23, 2005, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:

Thoughts?
Great call and correct as well. You would think that the coaches would at least take the FED test. In our area, alot of the new officials as well as some of the older ones are having problems with this team control stuff.
Old Wed Nov 23, 2005, 08:26am
In Memoriam

Quote:
However, I hit a deer on the way home tonight. Might lose a little over that, I got him pretty good, but I'm alright.
The title of this thread is: "Did I miss something?".

Obviously not.

Btw, you killed Bambi.
Old Wed Nov 23, 2005, 11:22am
M.A.S.H.

Car handled fine. Good amount of damage. I'm just getting ready to go into town to speak with the police and start paper work.
Old Wed Nov 23, 2005, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

What a nite I had. Playoffs in the Prison Rec League. The guards grab me after the game b/c I'm wearing stripes! Had to call the Warden to get me off Cellblock "C" before lockdown.

That made me late for my Association's Annual Mascarade Party. As usual, I went as African Impala. I blow out my car's rear end on the way home. Still had my costune on...head too. I step out in the road to wave for help and this moron runs me over. The guy's plate was the last thing I saw, "IREFGR8"

If I ever catch this !@*&$#&& he's a dead man.