The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 19, 2005, 02:53pm
M.A.S.H.

Can someone please tell me these questions. I left my exam at my apartment and I'm home for the holidays. These two questions the IHSA threw out. Just wondering what they were, thanks!
Old Sat Nov 19, 2005, 04:31pm
In Memoriam

NFHS Part 1? If so....

#21:"Point of Interruption" is a method of resuming play after a double personal ot technical foul"
- The answer key says "True" as per R4-36-1. This is one that we discussed in another thread as to whether they meant the "technical foul" to be a double or single technical foul. It is a l'il ambiguous.

#89-"If a players shirt is not properly tucked inside the pants, the official shall direct him or her to leave the game unless the team is subsequently granted a time-out"
- We discussed this one also in a thread. The answer key said "False" as per 3-4-15. R3-3-4 seemed to be applicable also. I don't know why this one got tossed but there musta been a reason.

Old Sat Nov 19, 2005, 06:22pm
Official Forum Member

If you look 5 8 3b it makes 89 very clear that a T.O. is not to be granted until a player asked too leave or disqualified or injured has been replaced. Its clear to me, I wonder why it was thrown as well.
Old Sat Nov 19, 2005, 06:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by co2ice
If you look 5 8 3b it makes 89 very clear that a T.O. is not to be granted until a player asked too leave or disqualified or injured has been replaced. Its clear to me, I wonder why it was thrown as well.
Exactly. Once he's directed to leave the game, a substitute must enter before a TO can be granted.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Nov 20, 2005, 01:12pm
M.A.S.H.

Not sure why they threw them out either. I got them both correct. A higher percentage must of missed the question, therefore maybe they thought the question was confusing. Who knows... Thanks for posting the questions.