The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 11, 2005, 09:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
My e-mail isn't working so I'm just signing on to say that today went much better than expected, and we also are feeling a little less despairing about the winter.

For those who don't know, my 7yo has had a number of health issues, and today it seems as though some worries have been relieved. He had successful hernia repair with anticipated complications that didn't develop. We also got news about some treatments which were being discussed for hte winther that now appear to be less necessary. I may actually sleep tonight for the first night all week.

Thanks to those who have been praying and thinking good thoughts. ANd if one of you could pull up the e-mail with the header that has all my relatives, and send them a note that today went well, I'd appreciate it. FOr some reason, I can't make it work.
Old Fri Nov 11, 2005, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member

Rainmaker,

Sorry to hear that you've been having a tough go but good to hear that the news is improving. I have a 3-year old and I can't even sleep when he has a bad cold so I know that it must be extremely difficult times for you. Will direct many good thoughts your way.

Z

[Edited by zebraman on Nov 11th, 2005 at 11:53 PM]
Old Sat Nov 12, 2005, 12:54am
Official Forum Member

Email

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
ANd if one of you could pull up the e-mail with the header that has all my relatives, and send them a note that today went well, I'd appreciate it. FOr some reason, I can't make it work.
Just a thought, some Internet Service Providers (ISP's) have a problem when there are too may receipients... Our won't allow for over 30... So we have to break up our mailings...
Chuck

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he could be gone every weekend.
Old Sat Nov 12, 2005, 07:09pm
Official Forum Member

Rainmaker,
Good to hear that things are going better. Since I lurk as a coach I don't comment much, but wanted to send my continued thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Rest and take care of yourself and your 7 yo. He needs you to be well. My 13 yo daughter had surgery 2 weeks ago so I know what you have been going through.

Be well,
Coach Gbert
Old Sat Nov 12, 2005, 08:51pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Juulie - of course you know how much I care about you and, by extension, your family.

I'll say a prayer for him in Hebrew. Hope to see you soon on the court.
Old Sat Nov 12, 2005, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

Good luck, Rainmaker

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
My e-mail isn't working so I'm just signing on to say that today went much better than expected, and we also are feeling a little less despairing about the winter.

For those who don't know, my 7yo has had a number of health issues, and today it seems as though some worries have been relieved. He had successful hernia repair with anticipated complications that didn't develop. We also got news about some treatments which were being discussed for hte winther that now appear to be less necessary. I may actually sleep tonight for the first night all week.

Thanks to those who have been praying and thinking good thoughts. ANd if one of you could pull up the e-mail with the header that has all my relatives, and send them a note that today went well, I'd appreciate it. FOr some reason, I can't make it work.
I spent 13 years in Quaker meeting, plenty of practice in silent prayer - I'll add mine.
Old Sat Nov 12, 2005, 11:58pm
M.A.S.H.

Thumbs up

Glad to hear things are getting better!

Juulie, I thought about you the other day when I was going through the old rule booklets they hand out at our interp. I came across the "Buy-in" article, just remember sending a copy your way, hope it helped!

Again, God Bless.
Old Tue Nov 15, 2005, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

Juulie,

Glad to hear the surgery went well and things are looking more positive for a change - I hope it's the beginning of continuing trend.

As always you & yours are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope to see you at the meeting on Wed.......
Old Tue Nov 15, 2005, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Juulie,

Glad to hear the surgery went well and things are looking more positive for a change - I hope it's the beginning of continuing trend.

As always you & yours are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope to see you at the meeting on Wed.......
You should see me. But I had completely forgotten about it, till we got that e-mail yesterday. Thank goodness for Camron. Now I'd better get my games into my PDA.

And thanks to everyone for the prayers and wishes. Mason has continued to recover from this surgery very quickly and is doing great. Let's hope the good news will continue through the winter.
Old Tue Nov 15, 2005, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

Good news for sure!

Hopefully things continue to get better.
Old Tue Nov 15, 2005, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by icallfouls
Good news for sure!

Hopefully things continue to get better.
Thanks Jim. THe long term prognosis hasn't changed and won't change. But at least in the short term, I"m allowed a measure of denial -- I'm hoping it'll last through the season. I have definitely stepped up a notch!