The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 04, 2005, 07:19am
In Memoriam

Good article on NCAA officials in USA Today this morning. I kinda liked a coupla quotes by Art Hyland- the officiating coordinator for the Big East:
1) "The 10 most dangerous seconds in your life are the 10 seconds after you call a technical foul".
2) "And if the situation demands that an official abandon the position outlined in the manual, Hyland says, getting the call right is most important".

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ver-refs_x.htm

Old Fri Nov 04, 2005, 08:19am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb Oh, my !

"It's the first time anybody blew up a picture to try to gain clarity," Dekas says. "Now it's becoming more of a thing to do. This is how we evolve."

If that 3-point try was, in fact, the "first time" to blow-up a picture, then I am a little surprised.
mick

Old Fri Nov 04, 2005, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Oh, my !

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
"It's the first time anybody blew up a picture to try to gain clarity," Dekas says. "Now it's becoming more of a thing to do. This is how we evolve."

If that 3-point try was, in fact, the "first time" to blow-up a picture, then I am a little surprised.
mick

I read it to mean it was the first time an official had the production crew enlarge a picture for the purposes of a replay decision in an NCAA basketball game.
Old Fri Nov 04, 2005, 03:02pm
In Memoriam

Re: Re: Oh, my !

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
Originally posted by mick

mick

I read it to mean it was the first time an official had the production crew enlarge a picture for the purposes of a replay decision in an NCAA basketball game.
Camron,
Maybe. But the article said that the ref asked something like "What can you do for me?", not "Can you give me a close-up?"
Dunno.
mick