The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   50-50 raffle (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/22459-50-50-raffle.html)

Dan_ref Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:09am

Quote:

Originally posted by M&M Guy
I believe Mr. Grammar Guy and Mr. Spelling Guy are currently passed out from disbelief.
And not a second too soon btw...although i half too admit that even me...errr...I...had an eye-role moment when I, red the post in kwestion;

JRutledge Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:35am

There is a difference between a "grammar" mistake and a typing mistake. At least I the spelling of the word "one" can be found in a dictionary. I do not think we can find the word "grammer" in any dictionary.

See what happens when you throw stones in a glass house. Your house falls apart. ;)

Peace

rainmaker Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:37am

Quote:

Originally posted by JRutledge
There is a difference between a "grammar" mistake and a typing mistake. At least I the spelling of the word "one" can be found in a dictionary. I do not think we can find the word "grammer" in any dictionary.

See what happens when you throw stones in a glass house. Your house falls apart. ;)

Peace

And a nice vindication, too, eh, Jeff!!

JRutledge Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:42am

LOL!!!

Peace

rainmaker Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:43am

Quote:

I do not think we can find the word "grammer" in any dictionary.
(Actually, there IS a listing in Dictionary.com. It's a small town in Indiana, and the zip code is even listed: 47236.

Jeff, I know you're way above the kind of tit-for-tat that some of us "second childhood" folks find so satisfying. So I'll do it for you.)

Hey, Tigerbball, so who's "Grammer Guy"? I'm assuming he's the mayor of Grammer, IN? Is he a ref, too? Does he read the board?

M&M Guy Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:45am

Hey, quit bickering.

mick Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:32pm

Quote:

Originally posted by M&M Guy
Hey, quit bickering.
M&M post 666 - Please disregard it's an evil *sign*.

mick Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:34pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Cat pee glows under fluorescent light. Which raises the question, what weirdo discovered this!?!

Cat Stevens - 1966.

TigerBball Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:42pm

Quote:

Peace

LOL, whoops, he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Yep, I am just a stuped coch from Indianer. But it did get this discussion to light up. :)

By the way, I don't think One to Won is a typing error, just a mental mistake. We all make them, even refs.

jdccpa Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:43pm

A: I don't carry money with me, B: I am usually in the locker room at half time when the winning numbers are called, and C: with the money I make refing I already have all the money that I am ever going to need.

jritchie Wed Oct 05, 2005 01:58pm

haha!

A)they usually hit you up on your way into the game before you get to the locker room

B)most schools do the draw in between the 3rd and 4th quarter to keep the people their longer so they can sell more tickets and concessions

C)you must work in another state from me, because with gas prices the way they are, we could all use a major raise!! :)

JRutledge Wed Oct 05, 2005 04:43pm

Quote:

Originally posted by TigerBball

LOL, whoops, he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Yep, I am just a stuped coch from Indianer. But it did get this discussion to light up. :)

By the way, I don't think One to Won is a typing error, just a mental mistake. We all make them, even refs.

Oh well, I am human. We all make mistakes. Just as you could not spell the word "grammer" correctly, I made a mistake as well. I personally do not care if that was mental, officiating or typing mistake. It still was a mistake. It is called being a human being.

Peace

stripes Wed Oct 05, 2005 05:23pm

I would never buy one. As others have shown, it sends the wrong message if you win.

Keep yourself above all of that.

TigerBball Thu Oct 06, 2005 07:14am

[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh well, I am human. We all make mistakes. Just as you could not spell the word "grammer" correctly, I made a mistake as well. I personally do not care if that was mental, officiating or typing mistake. It still was a mistake. It is called being a human being.

Peace [/B][/QUOTE]

I understand making mistakes, I admitted mine. Didn't make excuses, laughed about it. The first thing I thought when the post came back at me was not anger or "I need to make an excuse", but laughing because I knew I set myself up. I just find it interesting to see how people handle situations like this and who has to have the last word. Who can admit mistakes. Who has trouble with them.

Now what I am waiting for is to see if you can let me have the last word. ;)

mick Thu Oct 06, 2005 08:11am

You got it.
mick