The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 23, 2005, 08:41pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Went to a HS football game tonight. All of the crew members had bright shirts and the white was really white. One guy looked like he was wearing a 20 year old shirt that had not been washed...ever. Brown & black was closer to the color scheme than black & white. When the crew gathered together to head off at the half and at the game's conclusion, it was VERY noticeable. At least to me. If I wasn't an official, I probably would not have noticed unless someone pointed it out. 38 days till the annual meeting.
Old Sat Sep 24, 2005, 06:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
Went to a HS football game tonight. All of the crew members had bright shirts and the white was really white. One guy looked like he was wearing a 20 year old shirt that had not been washed...ever. Brown & black was closer to the color scheme than black & white. When the crew gathered together to head off at the half and at the game's conclusion, it was VERY noticeable. At least to me. If I wasn't an official, I probably would not have noticed unless someone pointed it out. 38 days till the annual meeting.
The crew chief probably had a discussion with that member.
Old Sat Sep 24, 2005, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

I agree that it doesn't look professional, but maybe there's more to it. There's a guy who I work with on occsation that in the middle of an incredibly busy season between basketball and work, forgot his shirt for a JV game. He ended up getting one from the school, complete with a collar and pocket (for which he was razed mercilessly). Possibly the guy had to borrow someone's extra shirt for some reason. That's why for V games I always pack an extra uniform. I like to have an extra in case of wardrobe malfunctions.
Old Sat Sep 24, 2005, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
It that's the worst thing you noticed, he must have done a pretty good job.