The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 10, 2001, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Question

I'll be in the area May-5-9 for business. Anything going on for a hoops junkie to check out in the area? Pro-am? Summer leagues of note?

Otherwise, it's the Yankees at Camden Yards.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2001, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

I'm not sure exactly when, but there are a few big High School games sometime in the spring - usually D.C. All-Stars vs. National All Stars.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2001, 12:01pm
Official Forum Member

The National vs Metro area all-star game was last weekend, and I think that the major summer hoops start later than early May. There will be girls AAU Regionals in many areas that start May 5-6, and I can find out specifics from our National team coaches if you are interested in this. We have a history of producing outstanding HS girls players in the area, Kara Lawson of Tennessee being the most recent export to college stardom. The 16s age group (HS Juniors generally) has put together one all-star regional team from Maryland and Virginia, combining two former top rivals into a powerhouse. Not sure when boys AAU qualifiers are. Some of these AAU tournaments give higher level play than the HS summer leagues.
Old Fri Apr 13, 2001, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Just like most fans...I come to the games to watch the officials, not the players!