The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jul 18, 2005, 07:22am
Official Forum Member

I had the opportunity to work 3 high school summer league All-Star games last week with Tomegun & one of our other buddies. We always have a great time officiating together, even if they have to keep me out of trouble during the games. We worked 3 all star games with the temperature reaching over 100 degrees in the gym. We worked the JV, Varsity & top 20 players in the league.

My question to you all is: How do you feel about working all-star games? Do you like or dislike them? Is this something that you put on your resume or do you consider this just another game? Do you hold your whistle in your game or are you calling just like any other game?

This was not my 1st all-star game but personally, I am not a fan of doing all-star games.
Old Mon Jul 18, 2005, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brianp134
I had the opportunity to work 3 high school summer league All-Star games last week with Tomegun & one of our other buddies. We always have a great time officiating together, even if they have to keep me out of trouble during the games. We worked 3 all star games with the temperature reaching over 100 degrees in the gym. We worked the JV, Varsity & top 20 players in the league.

My question to you all is: How do you feel about working all-star games? Do you like or dislike them? Is this something that you put on your resume or do you consider this just another game? Do you hold your whistle in your game or are you calling just like any other game?

This was not my 1st all-star game but personally, I am not a fan of doing all-star games.
Did any of the players step aside so one of the others could dunk?

I had the opportunity a while back to do one at the high school level as well. All I really remember about it was we just sort of sat back and let them play; the players weren't too interested in defense so we didn't have any block/charge decisions. I'm not sure it was a resume-booster, just another game.

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Jul 19, 2005, 05:58am
Huck Finn

Those games were brutal. I'm glad I got paid because I hate doing those games where everyone wants you to hold back so you don't stop the "entertainment." I was at my last camp and an official got booed for calling a carry in one of the all-star games. It was pretty funny.