The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jun 24, 2005, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

I want to get a new pair of shoes but not patent leather, what are your guys suggestions?

Where do I order the all black nike shocks from? I'm interested in those.
Old Fri Jun 24, 2005, 05:02pm
Official Forum Member

i got these off ebay, very comfortable, light weight. go try on a pair of shoxs at the store before buying, mine ran about a half size larger.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...79987&tc=photo

[Edited by roadking on Jun 24th, 2005 at 06:04 PM]
Old Fri Jun 24, 2005, 10:19pm
Official Forum Member

I've used Reeboks for the last five years, but this year I'm switching to the Nike Monarch II. They seem to have great cushinong and support. I'm looking forward to seeing how I like them. I think I'm going to love them. I know Canuck likes them a lot and a couple of other regular posters. (See the Nike Monarch post I started awhile back.)
Off the court I've had success with New Balance cross trainers. I know a lot of guys who use these. But if you get them, don't get a lower model number. The higher the number the better the technology.
Old Fri Jun 24, 2005, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

i've used NB and converse for the last seven years but i would have to say these nike shoxs are the most comfortable by far.
Old Sat Jun 25, 2005, 01:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
I've used Reeboks for the last five years, but this year I'm switching to the Nike Monarch II. They seem to have great cushinong and support. I'm looking forward to seeing how I like them. I think I'm going to love them. I know Canuck likes them a lot and a couple of other regular posters. (See the Nike Monarch post I started awhile back.)
Off the court I've had success with New Balance cross trainers. I know a lot of guys who use these. But if you get them, don't get a lower model number. The higher the number the better the technology.
Do you have a link to the Nike Monarch II?

Also I want the regular shocks, not the ones you posted.
Old Mon Jun 27, 2005, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

i just picked up a pair of the Nike electric shocks on the clearance rack at Sportmart.They were originally $109. I would not pay that much, but they were clearance priced at $60. I wore them for 12 games at camp this past weekend and they were great. It was a good purchase on my part. I too wear the NB 620's. They are also a good shoe, comfortable with solid archa nad heel support. i don't think you can go wrong with them. Good luck!
Old Mon Jun 27, 2005, 02:23pm
Huck Finn

I have a shoe fetish. A semi-big one. The Shox from the link above are very comfortable and look good with pants. I don't like the look of shoes being hung up on pants so I prefer mid or high top shoes during the season. Now the bad thing about the Shox from the link are besides the normal fit issues from different shoe companies there are "body type" issues. I've been told Shox are made for heavier people (I'm talking about basketball Shox now). If you notice there aren't really many point guards wearing Shox while there are several big men who wear them. I think I barely flex the shox so they aren't comfortable to me for long stretches. I will wear them during the regular season but don't do so good with them for a 3 game set. I wore them for one out of 11 games at my last camp and two halves the camp before that. Right now my feet are telling me that the best thing for me are the LeBron II low tops. I will only use these during the summer or when wearing shorts and they don't have as much of the shoe to shine as I like even though it is all black. The plus is they are COMFORTABLE. I also have the Huarache 2K4's in all black but they haven't been as comfortable since I wore them too much during a weekend on the court at an Easter tournament in Vegas. There are just many variables when dealing with Nike. They have Shox, Air Max, Zoom Air and a combination of all of them. I will be going to a camp this Friday and the only shoes I'm taking are the Shox and LeBron IIs. This camp is only two halves a day for 3 and a half days so I will be able to wear either shoe.
Sorry for the long post but I do have this fetish
Old Tue Jun 28, 2005, 12:02am
Official Forum Member

I'll go try the shox on at the store, any other shoes I should take a look at? Links to shoes would be nice too, I assume you have them since you have the fetish and all.
Old Tue Jun 28, 2005, 05:43am
Huck Finn

http://www.nike.com/nikebasketball/u...f=www.nike.com

It looks a little better on than it does in the picture IMO. You should always go to a store and try the shoes on. I wouldn't buy any shoes online unless I've had them before or they are cheap ($50 or less).
Old Tue Jun 28, 2005, 06:12am
Official Forum Member

I too wear the NB 620's, i love that shoe. I do not like that patent leather. I guess I am old school and enjoy polishing my own shoe.

I used to wear the converse but they stopped making the 3/4 shoe for officials.

Does anyone know where you can get that 3/4 shoe by converse anymore, I was told that they dont make it anymore.
Old Tue Jun 28, 2005, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun

It looks a little better on than it does in the picture IMO. You should always go to a store and try the shoes on. I wouldn't buy any shoes online unless I've had them before or they are cheap ($50 or less).
Which shoe am I looking at? I'm confused.

Also I agree, I plan to go to the store and try them on.
Old Wed Jun 29, 2005, 05:51am
Official Forum Member

ASICSĀ® Men's GT-2090 and GT-2100

After writing the company and waiting for two years, I've learned that the Asics gel GT-2090 and GT-2100 models now come in black for both the men's and women's styles. There is some silver on them, but the type of polish I use will cover right over that and make the shoe all black.

These are running shoes. They are the most comfortable and light weight shoes that I have ever worn. They are fantastic for those multiple games on weekends during the summer. I used to wear my white ones for these events.

Now I'm going to go out and get the black ones for the HS season.
Note: The higher the number the newer the model. So the 2100 just came out, while the 2090 was out last year. They run about $90 new, but the older models can usually be found on the internet or at a local running store for about $45.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...parel&v=glance

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

Old Wed Jun 29, 2005, 09:13am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun

Which shoe am I looking at? I'm confused.

Also I agree, I plan to go to the store and try them on.
Look for the Zoom LeBron II Low.
Old Thu Jun 30, 2005, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
Do you have a link to the Nike Monarch II?

Also I want the regular shocks, not the ones you posted.
__________________________________________________ _________I was on vacation and saw them at Footaction. They were just purchased by Foot Locker. The clerk told me she was pretty sure that you could order them by going to Footaction.com or Foot LOcker.com. Hope this helps.
Old Fri Jul 01, 2005, 12:10am
Official Forum Member

I looked but couldn't find them, i will look again