The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Anybody? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/20886-anybody.html)

brandan89 Wed Jun 15, 2005 08:17pm

Just wondering how long some of yall have until you get started. We have 60 days untill our first meeting, and I cant wait. :)

brainbrian Wed Jun 15, 2005 08:31pm

Meeting for what? Local officials association meeting or something? Until you get games?

I've got games scheduled from tomorrow night all the way throughout the end of October so far and I know people who have many more.

zebraman Wed Jun 15, 2005 08:47pm

Our first meeting isn't until the end of October.

Z

brainbrian Wed Jun 15, 2005 09:10pm

I don't think our official's associatio has meetings. Or maybe they do but just don't want me to eat all the free food and don't invite me.

brandan89 Wed Jun 15, 2005 09:17pm

Quote:

Originally posted by brainbrian
Meeting for what? Local officials association meeting or something? Until you get games?

I've got games scheduled from tomorrow night all the way throughout the end of October so far and I know people who have many more.

Anything, just trying to get talk on the forum.

ChrisSportsFan Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:20pm

Quote:

I don't think our official's associatio has meetings. Or maybe they do but just don't want me to eat all the free food and don't invite me.
Brian, check the website and you can see when the association meetings are scheduled.

brainbrian Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:32pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
Quote:

I don't think our official's association has meetings. Or maybe they do but just don't want me to eat all the free food and don't invite me.
Brian, check the website and you can see when the association meetings are scheduled.

I'm not seeing anything: :D
http://www.crocker.k12.mo.us/SCMOA/home.htm#Members

Chris, note I joined the local official's association in Rolla this year because I'm going to college there this year and won't be in St. Louis. Mark Probst has already said it would be pointless for me to join the St. Louis association at this point, and that he would give me some games during the Christmas break or other times if I wanted them. I'm not sure if the Rolla association has meetings or not.

But I digress.....

ChrisSportsFan Thu Jun 16, 2005 07:25am

Sorry, I was presuming you meant the association in The Louie.

BktBallRef Thu Jun 16, 2005 07:41am

Quote:

Originally posted by brandan89
Quote:

Brendan, talking just for the sake of talking doesn't accomplish much.

rainmaker Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:27am

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:

Quote:

Brendan, talking just for the sake of talking doesn't accomplish much.

And, it's a pretty futile effort this time of year. Read back threads from the past. or find a good interview and write it up for the paid side. Find some good tapes of March Madness.

Mark Padgett Thu Jun 16, 2005 06:49pm

Quote:

yall
What's a "yall"?

drothamel Thu Jun 16, 2005 07:01pm

Mark--

y'all (pronounced yall)-- Contraction of "you all."A collective pronoun used by Southerners and other people of proper upbringing to refer to a group of two or more people. For those of you living in New York or New Jersey, translate into "yous guys."

ChrisSportsFan Thu Jun 16, 2005 07:07pm

Quote:

Originally posted by drothamel
Mark--

y'all (pronounced yall)-- Contraction of "you all."A collective pronoun used by Southerners and other people of proper upbringing to refer to a group of two or more people. For those of you living in New York or New Jersey, translate into "yous guys."

Some might call you'ens, ya'll.
Ya'll is a Southern posse.

brandan89 Thu Jun 16, 2005 07:21pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:

yall
What's a "yall"?

Its a southern thing. In the words of Elley May Clampet "Yall come back now ya hear"

tmp44 Fri Jun 17, 2005 07:28am

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:

yall
What's a "yall"?

Its a southern thing. In the words of Elley May Clampet "Yall come back now ya hear"

Come to Pittsburgh Mark, where y'all turns into yinz. For example:..."Yinz goin' dawntawn to da Stillerz game n'at?"--Translation for the non-natives: "Are you going downtown to the Steelers' game?"