The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jun 21, 2005, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

If you're talking about having to adjust, we adjust ourselves every game. We adjust to our partner, our energy, the game.
Old Tue Jun 21, 2005, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

A good ref is a good ref anywhere. A good ref is constantly adjusting to the talent on the floor, how physical the game is, what the behavior of the coaches and players is etc.. Regardless of minor differences between assignors or governing bodies, basketball is just basketball. We've had lots of transfers in our area. The quality refs do well for us. The poor ones don't fare so well. None of them have ever done poorly because of any minor differences we might have from where they came from.

Z
Old Sat Jun 25, 2005, 03:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

I am currently at a camp in Ohio this Saturday.

I noticed some very slight differences from officials from both Indiana and mostly Ohio. I would not say any of these differences were major or even in conflict with anything that is taught. I just noticed that some philosophies were different. The basic understanding of mechanics and philosophy was really the same. Part of the reason that might also be that way is this camp is run by a D1 college assignor (he also assigns D2 and D3 ball as well throughout the 3 states). Also one of my mentors works D1 ball for this assignor as well. So the things we get taught I am sure filters down from assignors like this. The differences were not so striking that I could not adjust or did not know what my partners were doing. And I did not see any problems with my partners having any problem with my mechanics or signals.

Peace
Old Sat Jun 25, 2005, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
We had a guy move here from Nevada before last season and he seemed to do pretty well.

Was this official from Northern Nevada of Southern Nevada? Can I get this official's name?(If you don't mind me asking)

AAR
Old Sat Jun 25, 2005, 03:55pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Gary Cook.