The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 04:57pm
Official Forum Member

Should I have a resume with me? Where can I find samples? I haven't heard one way or the other, it's just an idea that just occured to me. Camp says shorts, then wear shorts, right? I would appreciate any replies/suggestions.
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 05:05pm
In Memoriam

http://www.officialforum.com/thread/20541
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 05:10pm
Official Forum Member

I was nervous my first college camp. A friend of mine told me to hustle hustle hustle. I ran up and down the court so fast my first couple times that the players were just a blur. I'm glad that game was in the aux gym and wasn't being taped.
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lrpalmer3
I was nervous my first college camp. A friend of mine told me to hustle hustle hustle. I ran up and down the court so fast my first couple times that the players were just a blur. I'm glad that game was in the aux gym and wasn't being taped.
I bet you were really fast.
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 05:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by RefAHallic
Should I have a resume with me? Where can I find samples? I haven't heard one way or the other, it's just an idea that just occured to me. Camp says shorts, then wear shorts, right? I would appreciate any replies/suggestions.
The most important thing about college camp is to do what you're told. If they say they want a resume, give them one. If they say they want shorts, wear shorts. If they say signal with two hands, guess what? signal with two hands.

Nod and say, "I see" a lot. Say "Thank you" a lot. Ask questions in a neutral way, "Should I go right away, or hold for a few seconds?" and DON'T ask questions about material that's already been covered! Don't expect to get picked up your first year. If camp is totally and completely awful, and you get another one drilled for you, think that next year you'll get the most improved award. Most of all, enjoy meeting new people, seeing some better ball, and immersing yourself in the zebra culture.

Oh, and report back here afterwards. We love to hear about the experiences of others!
Old Tue Jun 07, 2005, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

Question

The association I am a member of requires us to wear our patch. Should my shirt be sterile?
Old Wed Jun 08, 2005, 12:27am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Shirt doesn't need to be sterile, but be sure to have it clean. Use as much bleach as possible the day before you leave!
Old Wed Jun 08, 2005, 09:33am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Dribble
Shirt doesn't need to be sterile, but be sure to have it clean. Use as much bleach as possible the day before you leave!
ok, I will use the non chlorine type of bleach. Will that get it clean?
Old Wed Jun 08, 2005, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to SeanFitzRef
Quote:
Originally posted by truerookie
The association I am a member of requires us to wear our patch. Should my shirt be sterile?
I have about five shirts. Three are patched, and two are empty. Use the empties for rec leagues, college camps, etc.