The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jun 04, 2005, 09:45pm
Official Forum Member

For the most part, it's been great so far. 5 games on Fri night and 5 this afternoon. It's a pretty big MAYB tourney and in the HS divisions, it's pretty competitive. We've had several kids in the boys div. that are playing well above the rim.

Had a GV game today that featured several of the top girls in the state and there was never more than a 3 point lead either way all game and ended up as a 1 point dif.

The only T so far was last night. A1 tried to squeeze thru a trap and lost the ball, on the way up the court he looked at me and said "you've got a whistle, when are you going to blow it"? I checked to see if the ball had settled in transition and told him "right now", WHACK! I just about started laughing along with his coach who heard the whole thing and agreed with my no-call on the contact.

I've got the 3 championship games for the HS division (BJV, BV, GV) tomorrow and hopefully it won't disappoint.
Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 12:49am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan

I've got the 3 championship games for the HS division (BJV, BV, GV) tomorrow and hopefully it won't disappoint.
Wow three championships. That would be emotionally exhausting for me, even if the physical part would be manageable. I don't think I could do justice to the last one. Good luck!
Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 08:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Does your state have a serious lack of basketball officials?
Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

Wow three championships. That would be emotionally exhausting for me, even if the physical part would be manageable. I don't think I could do justice to the last one. Good luck!
Doesn't matter. Looks like the last one is a girls' games.
Old Mon Jun 06, 2005, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

For the most part the whole weekend had good matchups. The BJV game ended up not playing because the teams were from Indiana and Kansas and neither team wanted to hang out til 5PM to play. We ran a 3-man crew for the last 2 and the BV game went double OT with 2 hail-mary shots at the buzzer. Then the GV game was a 45 point blowout.

According to the tournament director, the only trouble from coaches came from the girls 6th and 7th grade divisions. LOL