The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 12:17am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Today, I arrived early for some tournament games, and so did my partner. We were shooting the breeze, and he told me that last week, he had the ball passed to him during play three times in one day. We were talking about times we'd been hit by the ball, times the ball had been passed to us. We got 30 seconds into our first game, and the ball got passed right to him! He tried to avoid it, but it hit him right in the chest and went sailing oob. We both were laughing so hard, we almost couldn't work. Great start to the day!
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

I've had the ball passed to me before but I usually go with a quick ole' and we go the other way. Hey, that rymes.
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
I've had the ball passed to me before but I usually go with a quick ole' and we go the other way. Hey, that rymes.
Oops, Mr. Spelling Guy says, "rhymes".

So, I guess that means you're a poet,
and you don't know it,
but your feet show it.
They're Longfellows.

Anybody got any extra meds they want to share?

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

I get about 50 passes a game. Really. Don't believe me?

After the ball goes out of bounds, some youngen then runs and gets it, then they always pass it to me.

And if they don't I usually say, "I get to play too."

(I guess I should cite my sources and say I got that line from another referee we called Gonzo.)
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 04:21pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Today, I arrived early for some tournament games, and so did my partner. We were shooting the breeze, and he told me that last week, he had the ball passed to him during play three times in one day. We were talking about times we'd been hit by the ball, times the ball had been passed to us. We got 30 seconds into our first game, and the ball got passed right to him! He tried to avoid it, but it hit him right in the chest and went sailing oob. We both were laughing so hard, we almost couldn't work. Great start to the day!
Juulie - maybe he should wear a referee shirt instead of a game jersey?
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 05:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Mark - weren't you the partner?
Old Mon May 30, 2005, 06:17pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Mark - weren't you the partner?
No - I never get the ball passed to me during games. I guess the fishnets are enough of a distinction from a game uniform.