LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to lukealex
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by lukealex
Question about the uniform rules: Say a player gets ejected, removes his shirt before leaving the court, T is assessed. The player has already been ejected, so would the T be a team technical?

Yes, in FED, all direct T's count as team fouls. Additionally, if the coach has been notified of A1's DQ, then the T is applied indirectly to the head coach.

I guess I didn't state the question correctly for what I wanted to know. The player ejected can't be assessed another T, who would get the T? Coach? Bench T?

Quote:
Gotta be a little more specific here, Alex. They're all written out on page 1 of this thread. Which one is confusing you?
I think I just confused myself with the wording, I was thinking POE described was for a game situation, well it is but now I understand its a subject of interpretation instead of a game situation. I could just be wrong again though, its been a long week
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 01:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

I guess I didn't state the question correctly for what I wanted to know. The player ejected can't be assessed another T, who would get the T? Coach? Bench T?
Any player T is assessed to the player in question. If that player is on the bench, then you have a T on the player and an indirect T toward the coach because that player is bench personnel.

Quote:
I think I just confused myself with the wording, I was thinking POE described was for a game situation, well it is but now I understand its a subject of interpretation instead of a game situation. I could just be wrong again though, its been a long week
Which POE are you talking about?

Peace
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Which POE are you talking about?

Peace
Originally I thought POE was the same as POI (Point of infraction). Now I realize POE is a specific subject of interpretation (I'm not asking about a specific subject). Thanks for clearing that up.
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bballrob
Actually, POI is Point of Interruption.
Woops, what a week it has been
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
The player ejected can't be assessed another T,
There's your mistake right there. A disqualified player certainly can be assessed a technical foul. It gets charged directly to the player and counts toward the team foul total for the half.

You may be thinking of the NCAA interpretation that tells us not to issue a third T to a head coach who has already received two. (This resulted from the Bobby K/Teddy V incident.)

But in FED, any team member (player, sub, coach) can be assessed a T, even if they're already DQ'd.

BTW, I called you Alex in my previous post, but now I'm wondering if you're Luke. (Give in to the dark side, you knob!) What should I call you?
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

Talking I know my father

Quote:
Quote:
The player ejected can't be assessed another T,
There's your mistake right there. A disqualified player certainly can be assessed a technical foul. It gets charged directly to the player and counts toward the team foul total for the half.

You may be thinking of the NCAA interpretation that tells us not to issue a third T to a head coach who has already received two. (This resulted from the Bobby K/Teddy V incident.)

But in FED, any team member (player, sub, coach) can be assessed a T, even if they're already DQ'd.

I guess I wasn't aware a player could receive a T after they have been ejected, thanks

Quote:
BTW, I called you Alex in my previous post, but now I'm wondering if you're Luke. (Give in to the dark side, you knob!) What should I call you?
Luke is my name, but I won't call you father
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 03:03pm
In Memoriam

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lukealex
Quote:

Quote:
Luke is my name, but I won't call you father
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

Careful, JR - you don't want to be makin' fun of those dead people again...

PS - Where the hell do find those? And, more importantly, where do you find the time to find them?

(Used with permission.)
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 04:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref

Under the old wording if you fouled to stop the clock, it was an intentional foul, but if we go with the wording in the "clarification" it would be allowed (only resulting in a common foul) as long as a legitimate attempt to play the ball was made. That is a fundamental change in the rules.
This is no change. If they played the ball even with the goal of stopping the clock, it was never an intentional foul.
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy
Careful, JR - you don't want to be makin' fun of those dead people again...

PS - Where the hell do find those? And, more importantly, where do you find the time to find them?
M & M -- They must have put him back in the Happy Valley "Care" Facility this week. When he's in there, he has LOTS of time on his hands!
Old Fri May 13, 2005, 05:18pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
[/B]
M & M -- They must have put him back in the Happy Valley "Care" Facility this week. When he's in there, he has LOTS of time on his hands! [/B][/QUOTE]But I'm planning my escape......

And when I do.......