The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 08, 2005, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Living in Japan I haven't had any chances to go to any officiating camps. This summer one of the bases is bringing over Dave Libbey, assisted by Lucy Banuelas, to run a 3 day camp which I am looking forward to going to. Anyone been to one of their camps? How was it?
Old Sun May 08, 2005, 09:21pm
9 times

I have been to Dave's camp held at UCSD. I thought it was excellent. Dave is a great teacher and motivator. At the time I was a JV official and he (and his staff) made me a much better official. I would highly recommend him as an instructor.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Mon May 09, 2005, 06:13am
Huck Finn

Dave Libbey is one of the best teachers of 3-man mechanics around. He is humble from a standpoint of talking openly about some of his biggest mistakes and explaining why he wasn't in the correct position to make the correct call. He will motivate you to do things the right way!
Old Mon May 09, 2005, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

I know Lucy

Lucy is a member of our unit in the Los Angeles area. She is very detail oriented and will help you fix the little things that will help you rise. Her approach is generally non-threatening and right for your level of ball. I've heard her make comments to first year people that are appropriate to their level, and to veterans likewise.

She's a good instructor.