The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 08:08am
MABO Member

I have a question that I would like to confirm with you all. I had a situation this weekend where my partner called a personal foul and was going to report the foul when a player started mouthing off to him so he T'd him up as well. The foul was the 10 th of the half so double bonus was in effect. How should the foul shots have been administered. I went with shoot the T first then line up and shoot the bonus. Something in the back of my mind is telling me maybe it should have been done in the order the fouls happened and the ball given back to the team in possesion when the foul occured.

Thanks

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 08:31am
In Memoriam

What ruleset were you using, NCAA or NFHS?
Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 08:36am
MABO Member

Right good info to know. NCAA rules

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 08:40am
Official Forum Member

NCAA rules - technical comes first, then the common foul FT's. However, if the personal was the 9th team foul, and the T was the 10th, you would still shoot the 1-and-1 for the personal foul.

NFHS would shoot the personal then the technical FT's - with the lane cleared for all shots.
Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 08:40am
In Memoriam

You got 'er right for NCAA rules. Different rules for NFHS and NCAA. In Fed, you shoot 'em in the order they occur.
Old Mon Apr 18, 2005, 08:42am
MABO Member

Thx guys, thats what I thought but never hurts to confirm.