The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 14, 2005, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

I'm going to a camp in two weeks and I was wondering if anybody had any links to women's college mechanics.
I've only done NFHS and the camp is college women's.
Old Thu Apr 14, 2005, 06:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Stripes33
I'm going to a camp in two weeks and I was wondering if anybody had any links to women's college mechanics.
I've only done NFHS and the camp is college women's.
Just go to NCAA.org

Count and chop with the same hand on inbounds(think NBA). Hit the whistle as Lead on inbounds. Must chop clock in as Trail in front court when Lead inbounds. Coverage area as Lead is up to FT line extended to the sideline. 5 count anywhere on the court (including backcourt) while holding. No ten count or closely guarded while dribbling. Most T's go to point of interruption. There's more but this will give you a solid foundation. Good luck at camp.
Old Fri Apr 15, 2005, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

I agree with everything socalreff mentioned, but I want to expand a little on the coverage area in frontcourt. The L's primary is the entire area from the middle of the lane, up to the FT line, and FT line extended all the way to the sideline. It is also the L's responsibilty to signal the 3-pt attempt in this area, while the T signals the good basket and C mirrors. A quirk in the system, in my opinion, is any out-of-bounds calls on the sideline in this area are still the T's call, because the it is still the T's sideline. So the T needs to be aware of the ball, while watching their primary. Also, if the L has an on-ball matchup outside the paint, the T watches the off-ball matchup on the block and in the paint.

This exanded area was hard for me to get used to at first, but after a few games at camp, it became easier. I guess that's what camps are for!

(Used with permission.)