The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 10, 2005, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Hmmm...even the Annual off-topic baseball thread gets off-topic.

And I had such hope for my Bears this year - a .500 season looked very possible. But, at least no one on Bears has been ejected this year. I didn't see the Lions/Ravens game, but I did hear the players thought the referees were too emotional that game. Huh? What does that mean? And how does that affect the players acting like jerks, losing their cool, and getting ejected?

Sigh...this site could be such a great resource...

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Oct 10, 2005, 12:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Hello Doilie...
Well hello Doilie...
It's so nice to see you back where you belong...

I can dance too.
We know - we've seen you cut a pretty mean rug.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Oct 10, 2005, 12:23pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias

I think I'm rooting for the Angels now. I still love Orlando Cabrera from last year, and I've always like Vlad. Go Angels?
What??? You mean the baseball playoffs have started?? How are my Mariners doing?

Seriously, as much as I hate the Yankees, I can't seem to bring myself to root for the Angels either...guess I'm gonna have to start liking the White Sox...
Old Mon Oct 10, 2005, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

New York Yankees

Old Mon Oct 10, 2005, 11:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Talking I have two words for the Yankees and Red Sox

HE GONE!!!!!

Peace
Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 12:23am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
New York Yankees

And deservedly so!

Go White Sox!
Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 06:22am
In Memoriam

Oh, my!

Go Stros.
Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 10:29am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Oh, my!

Go Stros.
Nope...can't root for them either - too many former Yankees pitchers. Gotta go for St. Louis and ChiSox series now...
Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 10:30am
Official Forum Member

Hmmm...the AL East is irrelevant. And for that matter, so is the NL East. The heartland rules!

And to show how much "respect" the White Sox are getting - the Angels are still favored, even though they just lost their best pitcher (perhaps for the season), and they're going to play three games in three days in three different time zones.

Yea, yea, I know JR - the Cubs are just as irrelevant. But, doesn't it ruffle the feathers just a little to put the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs all in the same, irrelevant boat? (At least they're not Kansas City...)

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 10:48am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by M&M Guy

Yea, yea, I know JR - the Cubs are just as irrelevant. But, doesn't it ruffle the feathers just a little to put the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs all in the same, irrelevant boat?
Nope.....because I don't put the Cubs in the same boat as the Yanks or the BoSox. That boat is reserved for teams that have won a World Series since you or your grandparents were born.

Go White Sox!
Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

Yea, yea, I know JR - the Cubs are just as irrelevant. But, doesn't it ruffle the feathers just a little to put the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs all in the same, irrelevant boat?
Nope.....because I don't put the Cubs in the same boat as the Yanks or the BoSox. That boat is reserved for teams that have won a World Series since you or your grandparents were born.

Go White Sox!
Well...oh, yea?! (How's that for a snappy come-back?)

If you're trying to ruffle my feathers with the White Sox comment, it's not working. For most of us Cub fans, we don't have a problem with the Sox. I'm actually rooting for them. However, Sox fans really hate the Cubs. I think it has to do with some inferiorty complex; most of the media in Chicago talks about the Cubs, Wrigley Field, yada, yada, and the White Sox have been an afterthought over the years.

Now, if you're looking to ruffle my feathers, just mention the Cardinals...

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to PGCougar
Chicago/St. Louis is a quite a rivalry, but for some reason, it doesn't quite feel right. What could it be, what could it be???

As a Yankee fan long since transplanted in Orioles country, I can tell you that the O's fans are awakening from their drunken stupor yelling out, "How 'bout them O's hon?" When told of the O's demise now that the post season is here, they indignantly reply, "Big deal, we'll just watch the Ravens kick some a$$!!" Ahem.

Time to return to their drunken stupor. (hiccup)

[Edited by PGCougar on Oct 11th, 2005 at 04:18 PM]
Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 01:56pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
[/B]
Now, if you're looking to ruffle my feathers, just mention the Cardinals... [/B][/QUOTE]Ruffle your feathers? Moi? Perish the thought.

I just like the way the White Sox play. And Ozzie is a hoot-- he's a breath of fresh air. And I do like an underdog too. Hell, the White Sox haven't won a World Series in.....well.... almost as long as the other Chicago team. And that's one helluva loooooong time.

St. Louis?

In the immortal words of Bill the Cat-"Phhbbbbbbt"

Tony LaRussa is the biggest phony in all of baseball. And that includes the used car salesman from Milwaukee that got appointed Head Handpuppet by his fellow owners. LaRussa basically hasn't won squat except for the one World Series back in '89 when he had a team that, at that time, was labelled the greatest team of all time. Well, Mr. Genius won exactly 1 World Series with that "Greatest Team of all Time" and it took a freaking earthquake to help him win that one.

All you need to know about Tony LaRusso is the defense he gave out in favor of Mark McGwire--"No,no,no......my Markie would never use 'roids. Not my Markie". But, hey, let's not talk about that....it's all in the past.

Come to think of it, LaRussa is supposed to have a Ph.D, doesn't he? I wonder if he got it in chemistry? Hmmmmmm.....

Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Heard this on the radio this morning. Matsui came up to bat 5 times last night with runners on base. He went 0-for-5. He's only the second player in baseball history to go 0-for-5 with runners on base in a single post-season game. The first?

Bill Buckner, Game 6, 1986 World Series.

You know you had a bad night when you're the first player ever to fail that badly at the plate, and that's not why you're remembered for the game.
Old Tue Oct 11, 2005, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref

Matsui had a dreadful series vs Aneheim...LA...whateverthehecktheycallthemselvesth esedays...

4 for 20, hitless in the last 2 games.

But he was a key to the last 10 game push, 15 for 38 = .395

Can't complain about that.