The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 01, 2005, 01:15am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
Has anyone ever been a member of "USSSA", and know what it is all about. I know they do Basketball, Softball, and a few other sports tournements year round. I thought about joining, and was just wondering if anyone could give me a little but better inforation on it. Thanks.
Old Fri Apr 01, 2005, 03:04am
Official Forum Member

I do USSSA softball and fastpitch. I like the slo-pitch because it moves faster than ASA...Fastpitch is a wash...Haven't done anything else. I appreciate our local association A LOT because it is run much more efficiently and professionally than our local ASA association. I don't worry too much about it because it's only basketball offseason anyway. Peace.
Old Fri Apr 01, 2005, 04:27am
Official Forum Member

You'd be better served, I think, to ask around in your local area. JLMatthew apparently really likes his local association. I assume he gets many of the same benefits from it that I got from my ASA association years ago or my current basketball association. My experience with USSSA, OTOH, was that I had to pay to join in order to get basketball games from a particular assigner. For my money I was assigned several games, not all of which I was paid for (which had to do with the assigner and not USSSA) and received no worthwhile training. I may have had some kind of insurance benefit, I don't know. I certainly wasn't made aware of any local association (although I know there are some around). Where you are at, USSSA might be a fantastic opportunity, or a bogus waste of time. Ask around.
Old Fri Apr 01, 2005, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
You'd be better served, I think, to ask around in your local area. JLMatthew apparently really likes his local association. I assume he gets many of the same benefits from it that I got from my ASA association years ago or my current basketball association.
I totally agree...you will adjust to the minor rules difference and the game itself is basically the same. The local leadership in USSSA is FAR, FAR superior in my area. You may find the exact opposite in your area. Also, I have never done USSSA basketball so I can't comment on that. Peace.
Old Fri Apr 01, 2005, 08:00pm
Official Forum Member

The other posters have it right - it depends on the area. Here in North Carolina, USSSA has by far the best organization for baseball, though AAU is pretty strong as well. When it comes to basketball however, USSSA has very little presence and AAU dominates.

If you got to USSSA's website, you can take a look at the tournaments and leagues in your area and see whether they are popular in your area.
Old Fri Apr 01, 2005, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
Quote:
Originally posted by tarheelcoach
The other posters have it right - it depends on the area. Here in North Carolina, USSSA has by far the best organization for baseball, though AAU is pretty strong as well. When it comes to basketball however, USSSA has very little presence and AAU dominates.

If you got to USSSA's website, you can take a look at the tournaments and leagues in your area and see whether they are popular in your area.

Does AAU have a website?
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 09:18am
Official Forum Member

http://www.aausports.org