The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 30, 2005, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Most of you seem to be fun loving guys. I thought it might be fun to share some things we've seen on the court. Here are a few to start.

You know how in boys BB it is common that when a players name is announced for them to go running and smash chests in the air with their team mates? Yes, I saw this at a girl V BB game!

I once failed to move from my spot when the cheerleaders were coming on the floor to do a big cheer (Didn't see them coming)Before I knew it they had me circled and were running around me like a bunch of indians!

Once at a girls V game both teams had the same color jersey. I noticed one team had two sided jerseys so I asked the coach if the girls could turn theirs inside out. She went and told them and they did, immediately! Right there in front of God and everybody! Oh well, just sports bras, aye?

This is a start - I'm saving a doosey!
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

Standing at my spot during a time out, from the far end a cheerleader starts flipping. She keeps flipping straight at me. I know they usually stop at about 5 or 6 flips but this chick is still coming. I step aside just in time and she flipped right on by. The fans got a kick out of that one.

During another timeout, I'm at my block and about 15 feet in front of me the cheerleaders are standing 3 girls tall (standing on shoulders). I'm just marveling at how high that top girls is and then I hear some movement right behind me. I turn around and the bottom girl is RIGHT behind me so I look up and it looks like to top girl is right above me. I decided to take several steps away.

Standing in reporting area to report a foul, player bounces the ball to me and hits me square in the jimmies. It was a pretty solid hit but with a fairly full gym, what do you do?
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 09:35am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisSportsFan
Standing in reporting area to report a foul, player bounces the ball to me and hits me square in the jimmies. It was a pretty solid hit but with a fairly full gym, what do you do?
"The coach said, 'Do not grab certain parts of your body.' So, I grabbed my head. " - Bill Cosby
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Talking

One of the most embarrassing moments I ever had on the court...Team A calls timeout, and I go to the table to administer. I'm about 10 feet from the table, communicating w/ the scorers, and I go to extend my hand for a full timeout. Team A's best player is behind me just as I'm extending out, smacked her right in the jaw! Coach wasn't very happy with that one!
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

ChrisSportsFan,
Is there a reason you're that close to the cheeleaders all the time? I'm guessing they're a little young for you. This year I was waiting to inbound the ball on the baseline and as I turned to poine to the spot for the player, I caught the sight of a cheerleader's foot about an inch from my head. The rest of the game I gave her a hard time about trying to kick me. Another good one I didn't see, but heard about from a good friend afterwards...he T'd up a visiting coach and when he went away from the bench for the throw in, a student in the section behind him starts telling him he has "great, big, f-ing balls" and how someday he wants to be an official with the same.

Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Funniest I ever had was at a JV boys game.....

You know how we always have to tell them to pull up their shorts...well they never cinch up the draw string - keeps them from pulling them down over their hips.

Late in the game, gym is filling up for the varsity game to come. Kid from the home team drives the lane in heavy traffic for a layup - gets bumped on the way up and somehow his shorts get caught & wind up around his knees. When he lands, he trips and does sort of a roll, winding up sprawled along the baseline with nothing covering him between chest & knees except his jock strap - right in front of the cheerleaders & a young lady photographer from the school newspaper, who calmly kept firing away with her motorized camera. The whole gym exploded in laughter - it was really difficult to try to keep a straight face! At least he made the layup, and gathered his composure enough to sink the free throw......
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I also saw a kid who refused to use the draw string lose his shorts during a lay-up. That was pretty good.

I once saw a young African-American lady lose her hair weave in the middle of the lane during rebounding action. Nobody realized it until both teams had moved to the other end of the court and her teammates on the bench were laughing hysterically and pointing at the pile of hair on the floor. Poor girl was totally embarassed.
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

That totally reminds me of this one; I just laughed so hard I spit Dr. Pepper on my keyboard. When I was in HS, we were at tryouts and had one of the big linemen from football come out. We were running lines and suddenly some of the guys stopped and started laughing. Seems that Mr. Lineman had laid a smelly egg right there on the court. After that we all suggested he start wearing his jock backwards so it could catch it.
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 01:28pm
In Memoriam

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I also saw a kid who refused to use the draw string lose his shorts during a lay-up. That was pretty good.

I once saw a young African-American lady lose her hair weave in the middle of the lane during rebounding action. Nobody realized it until both teams had moved to the other end of the court and her teammates on the bench were laughing hysterically and pointing at the pile of hair on the floor. Poor girl was totally embarassed.
Chuck,
Sounds like illegal headwear.
I assume she was not permitted to play with it.

What if it was known that she had it on in warmups? Illegal? Look the other way?
mick
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 04:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drothamel
During my senior year on varsity (not too long ago 97-98) I had the disctict disadvantage of being the last player to get to pick out my uniform shorts. My home shorts were fine, but my away shorts looked like I was an extra in Hoosiers. Needless to say, as a 6' 2" white guy running around in what amounted to Daisy Dukes at opponents gyms, I got heckled quite a bit. Luckily, we won a lot of games, so that made it a bit easier, but my wife still jokes about it every time we go to a game and someone has a uniform that doesn't seem to fit.
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
I once saw a young African-American lady lose her hair weave in the middle of the lane during rebounding action.

What if it was known that she had it on in warmups? Illegal? Look the other way?
mick
Is there any rule that says you can't have hair on your head?

Fortunately, it wasn't my game. It was the JV before my V.
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I once saw a young African-American lady lose her hair weave in the middle of the lane during rebounding action.

mick
What's that??
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 04:38pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

mick
What's that??
Don't worry, Sparky.
Yer good.
mick
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 04:39pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

mick

Fortunately, it wasn't my game. It was the JV before my V.
I dunno.
I asked first.
mick
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

mick
What's that??
Don't worry, Sparky.
Yer good.
mick
Thanks.

BTW CHuck...you still have that thing or you give it back?