Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 06:02pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Things we've seen - cont.

This has been great! What a hoot!

Embarrassing-
Years ago I was dressing for a game (I think it was a JV game) whenI realized I had my son's black pants which were exactly the same style and that's why I had no idea untl I put them on. They were skin tight and about 3 inches short. What do you do? I was determined to call my best game ever to make up for how rediculous I looked. I was constantly pulling them down to make up for the length. I think if it were to happen again I would have worn the dress pants that I had on. They were dark green with cuffs.

Here's another one from the early years: I was working 2 man. The ball had just inbounded from the baseline after a made bskt. I was making the count when my partner, who was at half court blew his whistle held one hand high and yelled "five". Immediately a time out was called. I went to him and said, "do you realize what you just did?" and told him his error. He asked what I wanted to do so I said "no one has said anything so let's see what happens". The game resumed with the opposing team taking the ball out of bounds. NO ONE SAID A WORD! Not a fan, coach, or player. GO FIGURE!

Here's the finale: (IF YOU'RE WEAK STOMACHED STOP NOW!): It was just a couple years ago at a girls V game. I was new lead. The team was bringing the ball up court when suddenly both teams rushed to their benches. I blew the whistle to stop time and ran to see what they were all running from. Are you ready for this? One of the girls had lost her mouse! It lay on the floor in a bloody mess! JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU HEARD THE WORST OF IT! HELP!